Windows 10: Resetting microsoft account details

Discus and support Resetting microsoft account details in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My father in law is almost 95 & has some memory issues related to age & medication. I'm trying to set-up Dad's laptop for his son to use, as it's been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RogerCollier2, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Resetting microsoft account details

My father in law is almost 95 & has some memory issues related to age & medication. I'm trying to set-up Dad's laptop for his son to use, as it's been sitting idle for some time now. Dad can no longer recall any of his passwords & as a result I've had no luck with changing his administrator account to his son's Microsoft account. I've put in a forgotten password enquiry, but I'm not sure whether I supplied enough information (as Dad can't recall any previous passwords except for one, which may not have been used for his windows account).

Is there anything else we can do? We're trying to avoid having to reset the whole pc.

Thank you,

Mandy

:)

RogerCollier2, Jun 16, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Jun 16, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Resetting microsoft account details

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Resetting microsoft account details

1. Resetting microsoft account details - Similar Threads - Resetting microsoft account

2. Resetting a Microsoft account password for a brand new account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting a Microsoft account password for a brand new account: I have given my old laptop to someone who has never owned one, nor had a Microsoft account. I set it up with a Microsoft account using an outlook.com email address and a password, but the password I thought I typed is not working when I tried to reboot. So I cannot get into...
  3. Changing the details on a Microsoft Invoice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing the details on a Microsoft Invoice: Today, I have changed my details into those of my wife as she is registered as self employed in Spain and we need the invoice for her accounts. The invoice has been issued how can I get it changed? Many thanks...
  4. Reset password for Microsoft account

Reset password for Microsoft account: My father in law is almost 95 & has some memory issues related to age & medication. I'm trying to set-up Dad's laptop for his son to use, as it's been sitting idle for some time now. Dad can no longer recall any of his passwords & as a result I've had no luck with changing...
  5. reset microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset microsoft account: I need to reset Microsoft account due to forgotten password, and e mail address is no longer in use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-microsoft-account/66f9230e-1403-4a93-a758-aa425fa121ac
  6. Microsoft outlook account restore - cannot provide enough details to unlock account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft outlook account restore - cannot provide enough details to unlock account: My Microsoft outlook account has been blocked and needs to be restored - I've tried several times to provide the details to unblock the account, but have been unable to. It's been several days and I desperately need to unblock this account. Please help. Or even give me the...
  7. Bitlocker showing has off on Microsoft account detail

Bitlocker showing has off on Microsoft account detail: Hi My laptop has bitlocker turn on on both hdd but when I go on my Microsoft account detail, it say off on both hdd .. I can't install game from the store because of that....
  8. resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account: resetting Microsoft account password does not allow access to Microsoft account. Does anyone have a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/resetting-microsoft-account-password-does-not/b7b8b0c7-c799-4d3e-abdf-9cc1b2056956
  9. Changing account details

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing account details: Hi, any help/advise really appreciated… My wife and son were borrowing/using my desktop (which had just got an account like “my account” and password). For some reason they had to change the user account and password, and they used my wife account name. So, can I now change...
  10. Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account: My wife has upgraded to Windows 10 and was using her login details with no problem. When she needed to install a HP Printer Driver, a Microsoft Account was asked for. She couldn't remember her details so we used mine. Now there is an Administrator account under my name...