Windows 10: Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD

Discus and support Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am replacing my hard disk. I have system image backup and system repair disk. Can I just restore to an empty hard disk or do I need to install a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GrahamClark7, May 21, 2020.

1. Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD

I am replacing my hard disk. I have system image backup and system repair disk. Can I just restore to an empty hard disk or do I need to install a new copy of Windows 10.

:)

GrahamClark7, May 21, 2020

2. System Image & System Repair Disk

QUESTIONS-A new System Image was performed per dalchina's suggestion (above) and saved to a 2TB Toshiba portable hard drive and a new System Repair DVD created. Can either or both be "tested" to make certain they function as intended, i.e. emergency restore of the system in the event of catastrophic failure? Expressed differently, how does a user know the System Image and System Repair actually work and, in addition, contain every file (in the case of a System Image)?

Albert LeDasco, May 21, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Missing Windows 10 System Repair Disk needed to restore system image

Welcome to TenForums @TrainingGoddess

Are we talking about a system image made by 'Backup & Restore (Windows 7)' and its 'create a system image' option? If so you can easily create another restore disk/recovery drive.

To make a USB: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10
    (you should untick 'include system files', they are not needed if all you want to do is restore an image)

To make a CD: Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10

You can also restore a system image without the aid of a boot disk or USB by booting to Advanced Startup Options. 'Restore a system image' is found in the 'Advanced Options'.
    Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

If you used other software to make the image (Macrium reflect perhaps?) then we need to know what you used to make the image.

4. Jian N Win User

Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD

Restore system image without system repair disc

Hello.

I've created a system image and was trying to restore it. I did not have a blank disc, so I did not create a system repair disk.

I got into Advanced startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Image Recovery

After selecting the system image, the computer asks for a system repair disc, which I do not have.

As far as I know, this used to be the only way to restore a system image without a system repair disc, is it still possible now?

Jian N, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD

1. Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD - Similar Threads - Restore system image

2. System Restore from Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore from Image: After a recent MS update, my system crashed completely, so I did a clean install and am trying to restore from an image. Windows finds the image and goes through a -very- long process after which it says the restore was successful, but when it reboots, it is back to the...
  3. recovery system image repair disk

recovery system image repair disk: I have a Dell 7010 with current updates for win 10. I purchased two new 250g hard drives. I used the system repair disk to install my system backup on the first one. Witch seemed to work fine. when I tried to put the system on my second new hard drive the repair disk will...
  4. Restore from system image, no system repair disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore from system image, no system repair disc: I have an HP laptop running windows 10. The screen was badly broken so I sent it to HP to be repaired. They recommended that I backup my files beforehand because they may need to completely reset the computer. So I created a system image on an external SSD of mine. I now...
  5. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  6. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  7. Restore system image without system repair disc

Restore system image without system repair disc: Hello. I've created a system image and was trying to restore it. I did not have a blank disc, so I did not create a system repair disk. I got into Advanced startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Image Recovery After selecting the system image, the computer...
  8. Missing Windows 10 System Repair Disk needed to restore system image

Missing Windows 10 System Repair Disk needed to restore system image: I have my system image and would like to restore it since my Windows 10 has been very flakythe past few days since a recent update. However, my system restore disk (recovery drive?) has gone missing, so I'm unable to restore the image. Is it possible to download a system...
  9. System Image & System Repair Disk

System Image & System Repair Disk: My company jettisoned our IT Department and contracted for IT services with an outside firm. Field personnel provided with laptop or desktop (or both) are now required to perform a System Image once per week and, in addition, to create a System Repair CD/DVD each week as part...
  10. System Image & Repair Disk

System Image & Repair Disk: Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types. As I pulled up the application to perform this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if you have a system image do you need a repair disc