Windows 10: Same location Pictures and Music even when i change it

Discus and support Same location Pictures and Music even when i change it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I wanted to change my location of my documents, music, pictures, videos,... to my hard drive so i won't fill up my ssd with junk that i hardly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GerolfVC, Feb 28, 2017.

1. GerolfVC Win User

Same location Pictures and Music even when i change it

Hello

I wanted to change my location of my documents, music, pictures, videos,... to my hard drive so i won't fill up my ssd with junk that i hardly use. Some way i have made Pictures and Music the same location. When i wanna change one back to the default location the other one follows him.
    EXAMPLE:
    location pictures: c:\user\Gerolf\pictures
    location Music: c:\user\Gerolf\pictures --> i change this to c:\user\Gerolf\Music
    this will happen to the pictures location: c:\user\Gerolf\Music

The titles are also the same. I have the right logo's but it will say on both Pictures on Music what should i do? can somebody please help?

Thanks you very much for your time
    Gerolf Van Couter

:)

GerolfVC, Feb 28, 2017

2. music and pictures files seem to have merged

when I go into them they are both the same. If I go to users/pictures or music they are right. its just via these folders. If I change the location of one of them it just changes both

SMoseley83, Feb 28, 2017
  3. music and pictures files seem to have merged

When on file explorer the pictures and music folder are the same. They have diferent logos but have the same name. When i go into properties to change the location of one of the folders, they both change. What have I done and how can i fix it?

SMoseley83, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Same location Pictures and Music even when i change it - Similar Threads - Same location Pictures

2. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  3. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  4. Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...: I bought myself a new ssd. I was moving files, photos to the smaller drive in order to use the bigger drive for more games however when I changed the location of the folders music and pictures, it duplicated the 2 folders into one ex: both are now photos despite picturing...
  5. Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...: I bought myself a new ssd. I was moving files, photos to the smaller drive in order to use the bigger drive for more games however when I changed the location of the folders music and pictures, it duplicated the 2 folders into one ex: both are now photos despite picturing...
  6. Groove Music changes background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Groove Music changes background picture: For the past few days Dec update? Groove Music has been changing my Personalization settings from a 'slideshow' using a particular folder I have for backgrounds. Now when I look up at the monitor I see a picture of a musician - not surprisingly the artist I'm listening to. I...
  7. Cannot change pictures location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot change pictures location: I want to backup all my data to a hard drive and not onedrive, and the only problem that i cannot solve is this error: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." i tried this:...
  8. Why my 'Music' folder and 'Pictures' folder under This PC change their locations together

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why my 'Music' folder and 'Pictures' folder under This PC change their locations together: I want to move all folders(Videos, Music, Download, Music, Documents, Desktop) under This PC which are in my D: disk to E: disk. So I right-clicked each folder and selected property, moved to location tab, change its value to the E: disk path. This method ran well for...
  9. Documents/Desktop/Pictures etc. refer to same location issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Documents/Desktop/Pictures etc. refer to same location issue: Sorry about the ambiguous title but I am not one hundred percent certain how to best articulate my issue. Essentially I tried to move all my Program Files/x86 and My Desktop/Documents/Pictures etc. from my SSD to my HDD following this tutorial: How to move program files to a...
  10. Music & Picture - Same Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Music & Picture - Same Location: [img] Somehow, I've managed to set the location for Music & Pictures to the same location i.e. K Drive. Restoring to default locations makes no difference, or should I say that whatever change I do to Music is replicated in Pictures & visa versus. Any ideas on how...