Windows 10: Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone

Discus and support Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone in Cortana to solve the problem; I used to send text/SMS messages from my PC (desktop and laptop) using Cortana by typing in the command "send text". It has suddenly stopped working... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AtticNik, Jan 16, 2019.

1. AtticNik Win User

Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone

I used to send text/SMS messages from my PC (desktop and laptop) using Cortana by typing in the command "send text". It has suddenly stopped working and now I get the message "I'm sorry I can't send messages here. Try Cortana on your phone". I have a windows phone and use Windows 10 on all my devices. I cannot use the new Your Phone app because my phone is not an iPhone or an Android one. Does anyone know whether I can still send text/SMS messages from my PC?

*** Moved from Mobile Devices/Other Windows mobile devices/Settings/Windows 10 Mobile

:)

AtticNik, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview

Source: To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview - Skype Blogs

See also:

Brink, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

I just received an Action Center notification for SMS with Cortana. Seems they're pushing a lot of their stuff lately. Just a couple days ago I had a Skype message too. I don't use either one, so I guess that's why the push. Got me. You can turn app suggestions off in settings, but they don't really bother me. Yet....

Bobby Phoenix, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone

Is it possible to send a text message (SMS) from my PC, using my phone?

Few carriers like AT&T (AT&T Messages online) and Verizon have a web based texting service that uses your number and allow you to send texts via PC. Apart from this, you can also try third-party apps like mysms to send text messages using your Windows 10 PC. You need to install "mysms" app on your Windows 10 phone too, but I'm not sure whether you can access your phone or not because in the comment section you mentioned that your phone is broken. Cortana can be used to send text messages via Windows 10 PC but for this your phone must be running Windows 10 too.

Neal Sharma, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone

1. Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone - Similar Threads - Sending SMS using

2. Microsoft Phone Link - Always sending SMS with SIM1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Phone Link - Always sending SMS with SIM1: I am using Phone Link PC win11- Phone Android 11 with dual SIMI am using phone link essentially to send SMS, whenever I select sending SMS via SIM 2 or SIM 1 the messages are always sent via SIM 1Is there any solution for this bug?...
  3. Microsoft Phone Link - Always sending SMS with SIM1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Phone Link - Always sending SMS with SIM1: I am using Phone Link PC win11- Phone Android 11 with dual SIMI am using phone link essentially to send SMS, whenever I select sending SMS via SIM 2 or SIM 1 the messages are always sent via SIM 1Is there any solution for this bug?...
  4. Send and receive sms and mms on windows PC from iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send and receive sms and mms on windows PC from iphone: Hi all. I did search and was not able to find a solution. I have an Iphone 11 as well as an Iphone 8. I was using a Lumia 1520 until Microsoft discontinued Windows Mobile. I then moved to Android for awhile and finally Iphone. I have no plans to go back to the Android...
  5. Send and receive sms and mms on windows PC from iphone

Send and receive sms and mms on windows PC from iphone: Hi all. I did search and was not able to find a solution. I have an Iphone 11 as well as an Iphone 8. I was using a Lumia 1520 until Microsoft discontinued Windows Mobile. I then moved to Android for awhile and finally Iphone. I have no plans to go back to the Android...
  6. Send and receive SMS messages without a mobile phone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Send and receive SMS messages without a mobile phone.: Asked on google how to send and receive SMS without a Cell Phone. Got a response "I would be glad to help you. What is your Credit card number. Can I please learn this with out paying a one time fee of $25.00. Is there a windows 10 program that emulates a mobile phone...
  7. Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails

in Cortana
    Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails: Both these functions used to work great, but as of the last (March 2019) update, both have stopped working. When I ask Cortana to send a message or compose an email, it just opens up a web search result. Windows all up to date, troubleshooter finds no problems; I'm beat!...
  8. Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

in Cortana
    Cortana not sending SMS from my PC: When I initiate a text from Cortana on my PC (Surface Pro 4), I get the normal message that says, "I'll send that text using your phone. It may take a minute depending on connectivity." However, it stays on that screen and never sends the text. It was working fine a few days...
  9. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

Cortana start menu pushing send SMS: On cortana when I click it, normally I get some useful info, weather, appointments etc but lately I notice it comes up with something additional in trying to advertise its app on mobile devices like iOS and android and there is no way to get rid of it. It's very annoying....
  10. Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider build 14926, you can now send and receive SMS text messages from the updated Skype Preview...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone sms on pc

2. windows mobile sms sync to pc 2018

3. cortana send text iphone

4. windows phone sms,
  5. windows 1903 sms relay,
  6. send message from windows to iphone command cortana mobile sim,
  7. send text in cortana TO PEOPLE contact through windows phone,
  8. send text message via cortana,
  9. sms from cortana,
  10. cortana support for windows phone,
  11. sms cortana,