Windows 10: Set DefaultFolder view to Details

Discus and support Set DefaultFolder view to Details in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm still confused as to how I can set my default folder view to "details" globally in windows 10. Sorry, I must be thick headed. 70218 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by twistedvincent, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Set DefaultFolder view to Details

I'm still confused as to how I can set my default folder view to "details" globally in windows 10. Sorry, I must be thick headed.

:)

twistedvincent, Nov 18, 2016

2. Details view on desktop settings

Can you still list desktop icons as a details view after the latest upgrade to Windows 10? I had the details view before upgrade, now cannot seem to get.

njgolfer(2), Nov 18, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 18, 2016
  4. Set DefaultFolder view to Details

Windows is very forgetful. Run cmd and copy/paste:

reg add "hkcu\software\classes\local settings\software\microsoft\windows\shell\bags\allfolders\shell" /v "foldertype" /t reg_sz /d "notspecified" /f
    taskkill /im explorer.exe /f & explorer.exe

then go to any folder, setup your desired view settings. then click - options - view - apply to folders - close explorer.

TairikuOkami, Nov 18, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

Set DefaultFolder view to Details

1. Set DefaultFolder view to Details - Similar Threads - Set DefaultFolder view

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  5. search results to be in DETAILS view

in Windows 10 Support
    search results to be in DETAILS view: When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details view? Win 10 165737
  6. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  7. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS: I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT. I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL? Windows 10 pro Any help for this would be appreciated. Thank you 163751
  8. file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default: Microsoft please add an option to make detail view the default on any preferred view in file explorer. It's distracting, annoying, and fatiguing to repeatedly have to switch back to detail view, the view i prefer....
  9. Details view truncating columns

Details view truncating columns: After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344