Windows 10: SFC failed

Discus and support SFC failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My computer has been slowing down/experiencing fps drops so i ran an SFC test and it came up with this answer and these files: Windows Resource... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eggjpeg, Sep 7, 2019.

1. eggjpeg Win User

SFC failed

Hi, My computer has been slowing down/experiencing fps drops so i ran an SFC test and it came up with this answer and these files:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

here is the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v209vow2n3wini/CBS.log?dl=0

:)

eggjpeg, Sep 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 7, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

SFC failed

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

SFC failed

1. SFC failed - Similar Threads - SFC failed

2. SFC 64-bit fails but 32-bit works on 64-bit PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC 64-bit fails but 32-bit works on 64-bit PC: I have 2 64-bit Win10 PCs. The 32-bit version of SFC works on both of them. The 64-bit version fails on both every time with the error "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."I have searched all over the web, but none of the kindergarten-level...
  3. SFC 64-bit fails but 32-bit works on 64-bit PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC 64-bit fails but 32-bit works on 64-bit PC: I have 2 64-bit Win10 PCs. The 32-bit version of SFC works on both of them. The 64-bit version fails on both every time with the error "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."I have searched all over the web, but none of the kindergarten-level...
  4. SFC 64-bit fails but 32-bit works on 64-bit PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What do I do when SFC scan fails, Dism promts fail, trying to download the saftey scan fails?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What do I do when SFC scan fails, Dism promts fail, trying to download the saftey scan fails?: I can not do anything basically. The SFC scan will not complete, none of the Dism prompts make it past 5% before saying it is corrupted and unreadable. I can not perform a reset, or even download windows 10 from the disc again. Many of my apps won't open due to a side by side...
  6. What do I do when SFC scan fails, Dism promts fail, trying to download the saftey scan fails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do when SFC scan fails, Dism promts fail, trying to download the saftey scan fails?: I can not do anything basically. The SFC scan will not complete, none of the Dism prompts make it past 5% before saying it is corrupted and unreadable. I can not perform a reset, or even download windows 10 from the disc again. Many of my apps won't open due to a side by side...
  7. What do I do when SFC scan fails, Dism promts fail, trying to download the saftey scan fails?

8. SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160: The error log is below:2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Error DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll: 160 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file:...
  9. SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160

SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160: The error log is below:2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Error DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll: 160 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file:...
  10. KB5027215 Keeps Failing after disabling AV, running SFC Scan, DISM.exe etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5027215 Keeps Failing after disabling AV, running SFC Scan, DISM.exe etc: For the past week the latest windows update, KB5027215, fails to install with error message 0x80070002. After researching this, I uninstalled my AV temporarily. I then followed the following instructions: Stop Windows components. Type these commands in the command prompt and...