Windows 10: SFC failed

Discus and support SFC failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My computer has been slowing down/experiencing fps drops so i ran an SFC test and it came up with this answer and these files: Windows Resource... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eggjpeg, Sep 7, 2019.

1. eggjpeg Win User

SFC failed

Hi, My computer has been slowing down/experiencing fps drops so i ran an SFC test and it came up with this answer and these files:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

here is the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v209vow2n3wini/CBS.log?dl=0

:)

eggjpeg, Sep 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 7, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

SFC failed

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

SFC failed

1. SFC failed - Similar Threads - SFC failed

2. sfc and DISM both fail, windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc and DISM both fail, windows 10 version 1803: Hi, I'm running a Lenovo G510, originally delivered with Windows 8, but upgraded to 10 about 2 years ago. A failed update uncovered the fact that there may be a problem with the current installation of 1803. sfc /scannow fails with the message "windows resource protection...
  3. Windows update, sfc /scannow and DISM all failing with 0x80070001

Windows update, sfc /scannow and DISM all failing with 0x80070001: Hi, I tried to do a windows update and noticed all the following updates where failing with a 0x80070001 error: 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4520405) 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
  4. Windows update KB4512501 fails and SFC finds errors but cant fix them

Windows update KB4512501 fails and SFC finds errors but cant fix them: Hello. I have Windows 10 on my Lenovo Yoga 720. I have been trying to update Windows, but it keeps failing. It is trying to install update KB4512501. It gives me error there was problem installing the updates and to try again. I know I have enough room on my drive. I also ran...
  5. /sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    /sfc scannow fails after 2019 may update(win10 x64): Hi. I will post cbs.log, after what i used /sfc scannow with admin priv. Errors come after win10 update to 2019 may version(1903 build). I have many problems, with lag, network, after this update... I can't attach the log from sfc(2big), but i uploaded via google drive -...
  6. Cant Install Java, Dism error 605, Sfc fails & cant open certain apps. Please help :(

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant Install Java, Dism error 605, Sfc fails & cant open certain apps. Please help :(: It began with my games not opening: Please see link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPhiSKL8frQ Then I realised I couldn't install Java, So I decided to reset my windows 10 back to fresh deleting all files but when I tried this I got a message that said Your PC has been...
  7. sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.: Anyone else seeing this after last night's Defender Platform update that went from 4.18.1905.4-0 to 4.18.1906.3-0? I'm getting it on both my platforms. Both machines are on the latest 1903 207 build. Perhaps some Powershell Defender module for 4.18.1906.3-0 hasn't synced...
  8. sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform...

sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform...: Hi, I have been trying to run this command unsuccessfully for the past week because some game that I bought won't launch for a file in the System32 directory is corrupt. But it never succeeds. I have tried running the command in Safe Mode, Advanced Startup, executing the...
  9. sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use.

sfc /scannow Failed. ren software software.001 failed due to it being in use.: I've tried everything to fix this issue. Seemingly started after replacing my graphics card, it's stopping me from doing system restores or anything of the sort. Finally in my CBS note i found the point where it failed: 2018-10-31 03:16:17, Info CSI...
  10. sfc and dism fail

sfc and dism fail: I had to restart my PC today using the power button after I ran into an issue with the USB controller stopped working resulting in no keyboard nor mouse. I managed to RDP into the PC from my mobile phone and thought I was able to restart my PC successfully. But the screen...