Windows 10: Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

Discus and support Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I installed Windows 10, to the account step I used the Microsoft account. When the installation is successful, the Microsoft account becomes an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ThangPhun, Apr 10, 2020.

1. ThangPhun Win User

Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

When I installed Windows 10, to the account step I used the Microsoft account. When the installation is successful, the Microsoft account becomes an administrator. so is it safe to use a Microsoft account as an administrator? Do I need to create another standard account?

:)

ThangPhun, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. cjayed Win User
    Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

Undo/Un-sync Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hi,

It seems that there are changes made on your administrator account after logging in to the Microsoft Store as one of your children. For us to resolve the issue, we suggest that you switch the administrator account to local account and switch it to your own
    Microsoft account. To change account types on your computer, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change account type.
    • Select your user account and then click Change the account type.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

1. Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator? - Similar Threads - Should Microsoft account

2. Local Account vs Microsoft Account; Which one should I use?

in Windows 10 News
    Local Account vs Microsoft Account; Which one should I use?: Which one should I use – Local account or Microsoft account? Which one is better? In this article, we are going to talk about this in detail so that you can make an informed decision. What is a Local Account? Windows users have been using the Local Account to log in for ages;...
  3. When should I use Feedback Hub and when should I use Microsoft Community?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When should I use Feedback Hub and when should I use Microsoft Community?: I put this in this category as I am not sure where else to put it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-should-i-use-feedback-hub-and-when-should-i/528e39b3-d1f3-4ba8-95e0-34d5b9b7993d
  4. not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator...: ok the problem i have is that i am the only person only account only user file on my pc so no one else has an account connected to it no other user's just my users is the only userif you haven't worked out by now that i am the only user only person that uses the pc you should...
  5. Using administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using administrator account: Is it necessary to use the administrator account if I am the only person using the computer and it is a personal computer. Is there any advantage to having an administrator account. I think it is causing me some problems as I am not sure what settings are going where.....
  6. Should the Microsoft Account also be the Administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should the Microsoft Account also be the Administrator?: I need to clear this up. I would experiment, but afraid now I would lock myself out of 1/2 my apps and data or just plain create a nightmare. My Microsoft account is also the Administrator. Due to some security issues recently, I want to create a local account, but being...
  7. Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

Should i enable the hidden administrator account?: Should i enable the hidden administrator account? Could someone clarify what the advantage is? 125074
  8. I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...: Is there anyway to reset the password without resetting my PC? If so I would be grateful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-only-use-other-accounts-not-the/e6c6fac4-d923-4d95-b11a-54babf53de50
  9. should I use a standard user account?

should I use a standard user account?: Is it still recommended to do your daily tasks in a non-administrator user account, or is that obsolete advice in windows 8-10? 43250
  10. Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?: I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i create a microsoft account