Windows 10: Should the Microsoft Account also be the Administrator?

Discus and support Should the Microsoft Account also be the Administrator? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to clear this up. I would experiment, but afraid now I would lock myself out of 1/2 my apps and data or just plain create a nightmare. My... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VSGarner, Aug 8, 2019.

1. VSGarner Win User

Should the Microsoft Account also be the Administrator?

I need to clear this up. I would experiment, but afraid now I would lock myself out of 1/2 my apps and data or just plain create a nightmare.

My Microsoft account is also the Administrator. Due to some security issues recently, I want to create a local account, but being the only user on my laptop, my accounts were always Admin as well.

So -make a local account w/Admin privileges like the Microsoft account - do I

Keep both as Administrator? If only one, which one.

I locked myself out of this thing when I first got it. A mess trying to get back in. I don't feel like experimenting, so I turn you here for the definitive answer.

Thanks in advance,

VSG

:)

VSGarner, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Aug 8, 2019
  3. cjayed Win User
    Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Should the Microsoft Account also be the Administrator?

Undo/Un-sync Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hi,

It seems that there are changes made on your administrator account after logging in to the Microsoft Store as one of your children. For us to resolve the issue, we suggest that you switch the administrator account to local account and switch it to your own
    Microsoft account. To change account types on your computer, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change account type.
    • Select your user account and then click Change the account type.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Should the Microsoft Account also be the Administrator?

1. Should the Microsoft Account also be the Administrator? - Similar Threads - Should Microsoft Account

2. PIN no longer available and also no administrator password to fix. What should i do?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN no longer available and also no administrator password to fix. What should i do?: I’m experiencing an error, it says “Something happened and your PIN is no longer avaliable” I tried to fix this in safe mode however it requires my password even resetting my laptop requires the password as well. The problem is that i tired all the passwords i would ever use...
  3. Microsoft Account Administrator Deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Administrator Deletion: I have a HP Laptop. When I sign in, under Settings / Accounts - it has an old gmail account that has been deleted. I have added my correct email/Microsoft Account but I cannot figure out how to completely remove the old gmail account. I have been through numerous attempts to...
  4. Changing Microsoft Account. Also. Bitlocker.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Microsoft Account. Also. Bitlocker.: 1 - Need to change Microsoft Account associated with computer and cancel old account please? I had set it up with Outlook which I cannot utilize. 2 - Also. How do I do Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 10? It does not seem to come installed with Windows Home, and I could...
  5. User account missing from log-in screen. The account missing is also the administrator account

User account missing from log-in screen. The account missing is also the administrator account: I have a Lenovo laptop. I have created 3 user accounts. Two of which are just for storing personal files, one for my sister, one for my mother. The 3rd account I use for work is the administrator account. My sister was saving files on her account last night, and this morning...
  6. Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?: When I installed Windows 10, to the account step I used the Microsoft account. When the installation is successful, the Microsoft account becomes an administrator. so is it safe to use a Microsoft account as an administrator? Do I need to create another standard account?...
  7. deleting administrator microsoft account

deleting administrator microsoft account: deleting admin account in windows 10 I havealready n account in this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-administrator-microsoft-account/eaac7161-1247-479b-a6e2-11bbad5e9e1f"
  8. Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Should i enable the hidden administrator account?: Should i enable the hidden administrator account? Could someone clarify what the advantage is? 125074
  9. Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?

Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?: I have a single administrator account. I've created local users with it. The local accounts function perfectly. However, the administrator account has become progressively less stable. I'd like to delete it and replace it with a fresh account. How can I do this without...
  10. Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?: I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elevated administrator is a microsoft account