Windows 10: Show Local users and Groups

Discus and support Show Local users and Groups in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I want to get a list of Local Users and Groups as shown in the first screen shot (taken from the Web). When I run Computer Management as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Frank C, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Frank C Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hello,
    I want to get a list of Local Users and Groups as shown in the first screen shot (taken from the Web).
    When I run Computer Management as administrator that information is not available under
    Computer Management > System Tools (second screen shot - my computer)
    How can I get this information?

Show Local users and Groups [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

Frank C, Sep 8, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 8, 2015
  3. AHammill Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Local Users and Groups

I have up graded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro (not Workstation) about a month ago and need to access Local Users and Groups but the snap-in is not in computer management. I've tried adding the snap-in by running mmc.exe but then it says 'This snapin
    may not be used with this version of Windows 10.'

Is this snap in no longer a part of this Windows edition? Or is there a way to fix this?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

AHammill, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Frank C Win User
    Thanks Brink,
    My purpose was to get the correct name to use in accessing the Window 10 computer with remote desktop from a Vista laptop.
    The access must be domain\user. I think that the domain is FRANKSPC but the user may be (my login) or FRANK.
    Now, I am further confused with a user name of **. That is my email name.
    All of this is because my access via remote desktop started failing with "This computer can't connect to the remote computer."
    Frank

Frank C, Sep 8, 2015
  6. I would try this as your username when using a Microsoft Account or another email account:

If you're using a router, make sure to port forward 3389 to your Windows 10 computer. Then just type your local IP address followed by ":3389". Type your username from how it says on %userprofile% then your password.

FYI, you must be running Windows 10 Pro to enable the OS as the "host".

theveterans, Sep 8, 2015
  7. Frank C Win User
    Thanks Veteran
    LUSRMGR does not work in my version of Windows 10 and User accounts tool does not provide the same information as on your screen.

Frank C, Sep 8, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 8, 2015
  9. Frank C Win User
    Thanks Brink
    The wmic useraccount list full gave me:
    Name = HomeGroupUser$
    This did not work in Remote Desktop.
    I think that I am confused on Workgroup vs. Homegroup.
    Which should remote desktop use and how do I specify it?
    Thanks

Frank C, Sep 9, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That would be for a system account used for Homegroups instead.

You'll need to look for your account instead.

Brink, Sep 9, 2015
  11. Frank C Win User
    Thanks Brink,
    I had failed to expand the result of wmic useraccount list full
    The name is Frank.
    However, my remote access is still failing.
    The message does not say why it is failing to connect.
    I tried to get a clue from event viewer but I could not find the error.

Frank

Frank C, Sep 9, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 9, 2015
  13. Frank C Win User

I switched to "TightVNC". It was recommended by my step daughter and it works very well.
    www,tightvnc.com

Frank C, Oct 27, 2015
  14. hooked Win User
    Hey Brink, I was just looking at groups in netplwiz today and I noticed that my user account is just in the Admin group now, it used to be in Users and Admin. I have home, so I can't change it. I don't know how it changed. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Will it be a problem?
    I'm tempted to downgrade to my 8.1 pro and go to 10 pro.

hooked, Dec 16, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello hooked, *Smile

That will be ok.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Show Local users and Groups - Similar Threads - Show Local users

2. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  3. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  4. Local user and groups not visible in 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user and groups not visible in 21H2: Hi Experts,I recently updated to windows 10 home 21H2 from 20H2 version. While I was able to use multiple accounts in the 20H2 e.g., adding a guest account etc, this feature no longer supports in the 21H2. Please suggest why it is happening and what is the best way to deal...
  5. Local user and groups not visible in 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local user and groups not visible in 21H2: Hi Experts,I recently updated to windows 10 home 21H2 from 20H2 version. While I was able to use multiple accounts in the 20H2 e.g., adding a guest account etc, this feature no longer supports in the 21H2. Please suggest why it is happening and what is the best way to deal...
  6. Users do not show in Local Users and Groups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users do not show in Local Users and Groups: On Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 domain joined we do not see users in "Edit local users and groups. Instead of seeing a list of users, we see "There are no items to show in this view" We can add a user, still doesn't show up, but when we go to Groups, we can add the user to...
  7. Local users and groups not editable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local users and groups not editable?: Hi guys, I've had the same MacBook since 2011, and am soooo behind the times with Windows. I just bought a cheap laptop at Walmart for purposes of Zoom and creating documents/surfing the web. My Mac is so old and messed up that I needed something newer to use on a daily. The...
  8. Local Users and Groups

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Users and Groups: I am trying to sort my old laptop for my son to use. I am trying to add a new user so that can be his profile. Local Users and Groups appears to be missing from the settings and I cannot find a way to restore it. Furthermore, the only admin account on the computer is my...
  9. Local group policy -user specific

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policy -user specific: Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-user-specific/5392b7b6-66c8-46e0-84c4-52904a9aaac7
  10. No users visible in Local Users and Groups

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No users visible in Local Users and Groups: After forgetting the local administrator password, I followed that guide for offline editing the SAM registry file. This clearly caused a problem, because no I see no users in LUAG as per the attached. All the accounts work fine, except the built-in administrator account...