Windows 10: Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future...

Discus and support Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The upcoming Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 allows users to view how much storage space is reserved in Windows 10 19H1 and later versions so that they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cesare Vesdani, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future...

The upcoming Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 allows users to view how much storage space is reserved in Windows 10 19H1 and later versions so that they know how much disk space is put aside for reserved storage space. This is one of the best updates so far for properly managing disk space, but it is missing from the Disk Properties Windows in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 update.

To make it much easier for users to see how much disk space is reserved by desktop programs and apps with general used space by the operating system and free space available on hard drives, I came up with a very good alternative that will help users get a better viewable representation of disk space.

Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future... b3006f4f-a722-4fa1-b19d-eddd6fdc8e93?upload=true.png

The above image represents the amount of reserved space that each type of programs and files take up on the system, but that does not show up in disk properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1.

The Disk Properties in the image below looks like a donut AutoShape object, so it is misleading and does not look good and is also too small for users with impaired vision problems. I have read online that there are many people with impaired vision that complain about this awful looking Disk Properties in Windows 10. As you can also see in the image below, the free space is in grey and that is misleading as well because it should be in pink and the used space in darker blue. The Reserved Space is not present in the image below and it should be present as well.

Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future... 3d60015e-cb9f-4b3b-b7d1-10f1f78409fa?upload=true.jpg

The disk properties in Windows 10 does not show the reserved storage space. In Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1, I expect the disk properties to evolve into a much more detailed disk properties so that I can display the reserved space, used space, free space and the total disk capacity. When using the Disk Cleanup utility, there must be an option that allows users to empty and remove reserved space. Also, users must have an option to completely removed reserved space if they want to and also shrink or expand reserved space just like users do with hard disk partitions.

Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future... 833a9f78-aa81-40a0-9fe2-db6ec6fcd0f6?upload=true.png

The above image is an image that I have created in Microsoft Paint that represents an updated Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 that looks much better and clearer altogether. This type of disk properties makes it much better for users to know exactly how much space is reserved by Windows 10 - 19H1 with the general used space by Windows 10 operating system and applications that are not in the reserved area of the hard disk. The free space is illustrated in pink.

To also make it more precise for users to know and calculate how much disk space is reserved, used and free in Disk Properties, I have added percentage signs (%) next to the amount of disk area that is reserved, used and free. The total Disk Capacity in Disk Properties would be represented as 100%, meaning the full disk space in total in Disk Management.

For users that split their hard disk partitions in small chunks of hard disks in Windows 10, the C:\ drive where Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 would be the only partition where the Reserved Storage Space shows up in Disk Properties. For other hard disk partitions, only the Used and Free Storage space would be available to show because other partitions would not have Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 installed on them, nor no Reserved Storage space would be applicable for use on these partitions.

The current representation of disk space in Windows 10 at the moment is bad and must be updated with my suggestion for better appearance and disk space manageability.

Please Microsoft Development Team for Windows 10 update the Disk Properties Windows so that it clearly displays the Reserved Storage Space, Used Space, Free Space and Capacity of hard disks in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and all future builds of Windows 10.

Thank you.

:)

Cesare Vesdani, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Reserving disk space to keep Windows 10 up to date

Source: Windows 10 and reserved storage | Storage at Microsoft

Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future... [​IMG]
    Tip How to Enable or Disable Reserved Storage for Windows Update in Windows 10

How to Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 11, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future...

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future... partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future...

1. Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future... - Similar Threads - Show Reserved Storage

2. Storage Space stopped working but disks showing as healthy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space stopped working but disks showing as healthy: I woke this morning and found that my Storage Spaces had decided to stop working.On checking the physical disks, they seem to be ok and healthy. I cannot get the Storage Space back online and I am worried that I will lose all of my information.Can anyone help?...
  3. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  4. What is this reserved space showing under properties in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is this reserved space showing under properties in Device Manager?: Hi, I am trying to figure out the cache of my laptop's HDD. So, I went to the device manager, right clicked the disk drive, picked properties and am seeing 128Mb. Is this the HDD cache space or is this something else? If not, what is it? And how can I figure out my HDD...
  5. Customizing Disk Space Pie in Disk Properties?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Disk Space Pie in Disk Properties?: Could really use some help here please. I would love to change the pie graph in Windows 10 back to the old one. Here's what it looks like in Windows 7: [ATTACH] And in Windows 10 (with Classic theme): [ATTACH] And what I ideally would want it to look like:...
  6. Storage space for 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage space for 1903 update: Whilst trying to do the 1903 feature update on my Lenovo netbook (with 32GB SSD) I got a message telling me to connect external storage media. I plugged in a 16GB USB stick, the download worked, and it got part way through the installation, but then I got this error...
  7. System & reserved storage showing wrong figures in 1903.

in Windows 10 Support
    System & reserved storage showing wrong figures in 1903.: I have recently clean installed 1903 and Storage usage in settings shows my 66.3GB C partition as 126GB of which I have used 104GB. This 104GB is the settings app adding up all the figures underneath (the free space is correct). [img] [img] Drilling down into System &...
  8. Reserved Storage disable In Windows 10 Latest Version 1903

Reserved Storage disable In Windows 10 Latest Version 1903: Hi There! I just upgraded My Windows 10 to latest version 1903,Basically installed fresh. I have 32 GB SSD on which windows is installed . And With New Feature added in Win 10 that is Reserved storage for updates etc, It has taken 7.21 Gb of my system space and i have just...
  9. Windows 10 1903(19H1) update.

Windows 10 1903(19H1) update.: When we get windows 10 1903(19H1) update(release date ?) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-190319h1-update/7601cb9b-af39-418d-8bae-09c3b5f2b9e6
  10. windows 19H1 build 1903 windows hello not showing up in settings

windows 19H1 build 1903 windows hello not showing up in settings: Hello, I recently signed-up for the windows insider program and when i updated to 19H1 build 1903 all Lenovo software stopped working on my device including the drivers for my fingerprint reader and the system interface foundation V2 Devices for the Lenovo Vantage App. I...