Windows 10: Sleep waking randomly and regularly restarts laptop.

Discus and support Sleep waking randomly and regularly restarts laptop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think the sleep feature in the Win 10/64 on my laptop has become corrupted. When I put the machine to sleep, sometimes it wakes normally, but about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by forkenbrock, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Sleep waking randomly and regularly restarts laptop.

I think the sleep feature in the Win 10/64 on my laptop has become corrupted. When I put the machine to sleep, sometimes it wakes normally, but about 70% of the time, on waking the machine has shut down and re-boots.

I know MS Office has an online repair feature, so I was wondering if Win 10 does something like this. I'd like to troubleshoot a bit, before I go all the way to reinstalling Windows.

:)

forkenbrock, Nov 9, 2017
  2. maudite Win User

Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

Same. ASUS rog laptop. Super annoying. It wakes up randomly too even if I force it to sleep.

maudite, Nov 9, 2017
  3. Windows 10 stop automatic restart

Dear sir,

even after setting up "notify to schedule restart" my laptop is getting restarted randomly as usually put it to Sleep mode.

Today i scheduled a restart for next week, however it still restarted when i tried to wake my laptop from sleep.

Kindly help me solve this problem. I don't need of these updates. Because of this every time i am losing my unsaved work. Please help in doing my working peacefully with windows10.

regards,

HK Padmanaban

Hemanth KumarPadmanaban, Nov 9, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Sleep waking randomly and regularly restarts laptop.

essenbe, Nov 9, 2017
  5. forkenbrock, Nov 9, 2017
  6. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Nov 9, 2017
  7. Component Store process found and repaired an error, but that didn't resolve the issue. The command prompt process gave some message that said Protection could not complete a task, but another command said there were no issues found.

Sounds like my next choice is a repair from Settings (since my machine didn't include the original media), where I can keep my files on the OS drive, but I will have to download reinstall all my programs. Any more suggestions before I go through with it? thanks

forkenbrock, Nov 18, 2017
  8. essenbe Win User

Before I tried a Reset or a clean install, I would try a repair install with the media downloaded. Before I did anything I would back up my personal files. This process should leave them in place and just as they were, but you can't be too careful with computers.

This will show you how to download an ISO file of your particular build. Download Windows 10 ISO File Installation Upgrade Tutorials

This will show you how to do a repair install. It's really quite easy. It should also leave most, if not all of your installed programs in place as well. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sleep waking randomly and regularly restarts laptop. - Similar Threads - Sleep waking randomly

2. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart: Randomly when my PC is asleep it will BSOD when waking it. It used to say it was caused by zamguard64.sys, so I followed a guide to remove it completely from my computer. Now I get BSOD but it doesn't say what causes it. It also never creates a dump file and it never...
  3. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart: Randomly when my PC is asleep it will BSOD when waking it. It used to say it was caused by zamguard64.sys, so I followed a guide to remove it completely from my computer. Now I get BSOD but it doesn't say what causes it. It also never creates a dump file and it never...
  4. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode

Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode: My Lenovo Legion 5 laptop restarts itself when I try to wake it from sleep. It doesn't happen every time. But it is really annoying. I updated my all drivers including bios, nothing helped. Fast startup also did not solve my problem. [ATTACH]...
  6. Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL

Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  7. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  8. Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  9. BSOD - Laptop restarts when waking from sleep mode

BSOD - Laptop restarts when waking from sleep mode: Hello. After upgrading from windows 8 to windows 10, the laptop wont wake up correctly and just restart. I have an Asus Q551LN * Upgraded the latest drivers of everything, including the intel hd graphics, the same with the nvidia integrated ones and then downgraded....
  10. Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode: When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance. 23002