Windows 10: snip and sketch how to autosave without opening app is it possible

Discus and support snip and sketch how to autosave without opening app is it possible in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have to take too many screenshots i won't open the app to save every photo is there a way to autosave without opening app ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sinfulslave, Nov 13, 2019.

1. snip and sketch how to autosave without opening app is it possible

i have to take too many screenshots i won't open the app to save every photo

is there a way to autosave without opening app ?

:)

sinfulslave, Nov 13, 2019
  2. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Nov 13, 2019
  3. To Backup Settings from Snip & Sketch app

How to Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10

The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch, or mouse and save, paste or share with other apps.

If you use the Snip & Sketch app, you can manually backup your settings to manually restore as needed to any account on any Windows 10 PC.

This tutorial will show you how to manually backup and restore your settings for the Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Snip & Sketch app settings

snip and sketch how to autosave without opening app is it possible [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    To Backup Settings from Snip & Sketch app
    1. Close the Snip & Sketch app if open.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter.
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    3. Copy the Settings folder to your desktop. (see screenshot below)

4. Move the Settings folder on your desktop to where want to keep it saved at as your backup. It is safe to rename this folder to anything you like if wanted.

5. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

OPTION TWO
    To Restore Settings to Snip & Sketch app
    1. Close the Snip & Sketch app if open.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_8wekyb3d8bbw\Settings

3. In a separate File Explorer window, open the backed up Settings folder from Option One, select the contents in this folder, right click or press and hold on the selected items, and click/tap on Copy. (see screenshot below)

4. Paste the selected files from the backup in step 3 into the Settings folder from step 2.

5. When prompted, click/tap on Replace the files in the destination. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close the File Explorer windows if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 13, 2019
  4. snip and sketch how to autosave without opening app is it possible

Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

snip and sketch how to autosave without opening app is it possible

1. snip and sketch how to autosave without opening app is it possible - Similar Threads - snip sketch autosave

2. snip & sketch without notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snip & sketch without notifications: Is it possible to capture a screenshot with this application without clicking on its notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-without-notifications/abc8fcff-d360-4007-8315-d17aa477d811
  3. snip & sketch without notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snip & sketch without notifications: Is it possible to capture a screenshot with this application without clicking on its notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-without-notifications/abc8fcff-d360-4007-8315-d17aa477d811
  4. Snip & Sketch app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch app: On my Snip & Sketch app when I go to make a snip my Cross hair to make the window is gone. Do you know how I can bring it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-app/baad857f-4ad3-4128-a1a0-6fa847f7764a
  5. Snip & Sketch app

Snip & Sketch app: On my Snip & Sketch app when I go to make a snip my Cross hair to make the window is gone. Do you know how I can bring it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-app/baad857f-4ad3-4128-a1a0-6fa847f7764a
  6. snip and sketch won't open

snip and sketch won't open: When I try to open my snip and sketch app, it won't open. This is the error code it gives me: "Something happened on our end. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BC6" Does anyone knows how I can get it fixed?...
  7. Snip & Sketch not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not opening: When I'm trying to open snip & sketch it is showing an error that 'you will need an app to open ms-screenclip link'. Please someone help for solving this problem BTW I Have Windows 2004 installed....
  8. Snip & Sketch No Longer Opens

Snip & Sketch No Longer Opens: Hi. Long-time reader, first time poster. Snip & Sketch was working nominally up until sometime recently. That is to say it went something like this: • I'd press *Start+Shift+S and the screenshot overlay would appear • I'd capture what I needed (and curse aloud at the...
  9. using snip and sketch effectively without opening it and saving it

using snip and sketch effectively without opening it and saving it: I use snip and sketch when it opens it says that Windows+Shift+S can help you take a screenshot it does what it says see the screenshot below you can see snipping tool window at top of screen [ATTACH] but after taking screenshot without opening snip and sketch how do...
  10. Snip and sketch won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch won't open: I click on snip and sketch and it flashes on screen then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-and-sketch-wont-open/f9850093-210c-463b-a91d-5f8960444b12

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to auto save snip and sketch

2. snip and sketch auto save

3. will win 10 snipping tool autosave

4. can i autosave snipping tool images,
  5. how to autosave snipping tool,
  6. how do you open a photo without snip and sketch