Windows 10: "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Discus and support "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have installed the W10 Anniversary Update. In “Setting > Personalization > Lock Screen" appears the Message ”Some settings are managed by your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by big10, Aug 5, 2016.

1. big10 Win User

"Some settings are managed by your organization"

I have installed the W10 Anniversary Update.

In “Setting > Personalization > Lock Screen" appears the Message ”Some settings are managed by your organization”, and the “Browse” option is gray out.

Could someone tell me how to fix the issue.

"Some settings are managed by your organization" [​IMG]

:)

big10, Aug 5, 2016

2. some settings are managed by your organization

You need to go the the administrator PC, gpedit. allow the managed service, or have rights to edit the service. Ask your admin.

gpedit>Administrative templates> Windows Components

bfvetscolakid, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Some settings are managed by your organization

I am Using Lumia 640XL. In update it shows "Some settings are managed by your organization".

I did soft and hard reset but the problem is not solved. Any solution for this issue???

Vatsal Bhavsar, Aug 5, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

aardvark, Aug 5, 2016
  5. big10 Win User
    Issue fixed by using

"To enable or disable lock screen using a REG file" method.

big10, Aug 5, 2016
  6. aardvark Win User
    Cool! Glad Brink's tutorial helped!

aardvark, Aug 5, 2016
  7. johnpd Win User
    I had that mod in via GP Edit from v8. Once the Anniversary Update was installed it now ignores the setting even though the message still appears at the top.. I now get the Lock Screen when first starting the computer. This is one of the changes made by MS. They want the lock screen to appear. It gives them more places they can display ads. If you have only one user set up on your system and you don't require a password, the Lock Screen flashes momentarily, begins the login, and then proceeds to the desktop.

JohnD

johnpd, Aug 5, 2016
  8. aardvark Win User

It works perfectly for me after a clean install.

aardvark, Aug 5, 2016
  9. johnpd Win User
    I am not about to do a clean install. I checked the Registry and it is set there also, so I do not know what is blocking it.

JohnD

johnpd, Aug 5, 2016
  10. Steve C Win User
    You will now find you can't disable the lock screen on log in and I can't get the Lock Screen slideshow mode to work.

Steve C, Aug 5, 2016
  11. cereberus Win User
    If you autologin, the lockscreen is briefly flashed, then dismissed.

cereberus, Aug 5, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    I have this same problem on one system. *Sad

simrick, Aug 6, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

Here's what solved my problem:
    Some settings are managed by your organisation - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Aug 15, 2016
  14. One of the original tricks to turning off the Lock Screen behaves differently with the Anniversary Update.
    The original trick was to create a Personalization key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
    and assign NoLockScreen a value of 1.

Microsoft seems to have changed the behavior to disable many of the lock screen functions. Setting the value of NoLockScreen to 0 and then rebooting removed the Some settings are managed by your organization notice from my Windows 10 Home PC. Deleting the Personalization Key will probably do the same thing.

Again, this is only for those that had previously disabled the Lock Screen and only see the notice on the Lock Screen Settings in Windows 10.

ZeroZeroOne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Some settings are managed by your organization" - Similar Threads - settings are managed

2. Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some settings are managed by your organization: I've tried doing all the registry changes necessary to allow modifications for all of the settings I am unable to change and nothing works. They don't even appear as modified. I have also tried doing this:but to no avail. When I select this option and do the necessary...
  3. some of the settings or managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some of the settings or managed by your organization: My Cortana and online speech recognition can't be turned on and it's saying "some of these settings or managed by your organization" how to fix this?...
  4. Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some settings are managed by your organization: I did a clean install yesterday , when I check for updates it shows the error above, while checking for updates, I am not a member of organization, how can i remove it that pop up?...
  5. Some Of these setting are managed by your organizer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Of these setting are managed by your organizer: Some Of these setting are managed by your organizerin lock screen setting and on lock screen it is comming directly not showing wallaper and facts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-these-setting-are-managed-by-your/ee9810b5-fc18-4a77-b122-b3e22f3c0320
  6. Some Setting are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Setting are managed by your organization: Hello, I've been facing this problem where multiple settings are disabled as windows says "some settings are managed by your organization". This is odd as I haven't signed into windows using my work/school account only and specifically into microsoft teams. While signing in I...
  7. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Some settings are managed by your organization": [ATTACH] Please someone help me I can NOT figure out how to solve this, I can't modify my update settings and I'm so tired of PC force restarting in the middle of games at midnight and waking up to update when asleep at 6 am. Regedits don;t work, privacy settings don't...
  8. Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some settings are managed by your organization: In Windows Update, my computer has the message "Some settings are managed by your organization". I believe it may be because I linked my school email to my computer, but I want to disable this because it forces automatic updates on my computer. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  9. Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization: Guys, please help. I can't find the solution anywhere. All of the common ones that pop up when I search for a solution like going into Group policy editor and to windows updates are not working... I've also lost the ability to play sound on my computer, it won't recognize...
  10. *Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    *Some settings are managed by your organization: I just upgraded my home computer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and under the settings in Windows Update, there is text stating what the title says. Why is it saying that and is there anyway to get rid of it? [ATTACH]...