Windows 10: start menu documents

Discus and support start menu documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi on my start menu i have turned on the options for the following to appear on the start menu documents downloads music pictures videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PAULRYAN52, Jun 15, 2016.

1. start menu documents

hi on my start menu i have turned on the options for the following to appear on the start menu

documents
    downloads
    music
    pictures
    videos

all work fine except for documents, when I click it it opens one drive instead of documents, the documents in the quick access works fine, what can i do

:)

PAULRYAN52, Jun 15, 2016

2. Pin a document to start menu

My HP computer came with HP Quick Start which has the exact feature you're looking for... a Favorites tile panel where you can pin anything including files. Fortunately, Quick Start still works on Windows 10 so I can use it instead of the Windows start
    button.

BillGervasi, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Petroc88 Win User
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

start menu documents

Brink, Jun 15, 2016
  5. thanks that fixed it, i feel stupid that i didn't even think of that

PAULRYAN52, Jun 15, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jun 15, 2016
  7. hi, I've got all my documents, music, pictures and videos location set to my D drive but the start menu has started opening the incorrect documents and pictures

PAULRYAN52, Jun 19, 2016
  8. start menu documents

I think I've sorted it, I opened properties in the incorrect folders and changed the location to the correct location and it's opening the correct location now

PAULRYAN52, Jun 19, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
  10. I've reinstalled windows 10 and I've got the same problem, everything is set correctly in settings ect, what can i do

PAULRYAN52, Nov 22, 2017
  11. sorted again I forgot about the onedrive settings

PAULRYAN52, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

start menu documents

1. start menu documents - Similar Threads - start menu documents

2. Can't pin documents to start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin documents to start menu: I'm sorry if someone has asked this already. I can't find an answer easily.I am very frustrated at seeming to be unable to pin documents to the start menu or Quick Access like I could with Windows 10. I want to be able to get to my favourite documents within two clicks,...
  3. Can't pin documents to start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin documents to start menu: I'm sorry if someone has asked this already. I can't find an answer easily.I am very frustrated at seeming to be unable to pin documents to the start menu or Quick Access like I could with Windows 10. I want to be able to get to my favourite documents within two clicks,...
  4. Documents folder opens in background from START menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder opens in background from START menu: A weird issue started on my Windows 10 21H2. My START menu will not close automatically when I click my Documents, Downloads, and other folder shortcuts. These folders open in the background, behind other open windows, while the START menu remains open. This started happening...
  5. Documents folder opens in background from START menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents folder opens in background from START menu: A weird issue started on my Windows 10 21H2. My START menu will not close automatically when I click my Documents, Downloads, and other folder shortcuts. These folders open in the background, behind other open windows, while the START menu remains open. This started happening...
  6. Document Shortcuts on Start Menu

Document Shortcuts on Start Menu: I upgraded from 1909 to 20H2. It appears that document shortcuts on startmenu is not longer supported. The shortcuts are still in the StartMenu/Programs folder and function if clicked on directly, but they no longer appear in the start menu and cannot be pinned. I was able...
  7. Can't use start menu to search for documents anymore?

Can't use start menu to search for documents anymore?: Hello I accidentally removed the ability to search for documents using the start menu. I used to be able to do it, by just clicking the start button on the bottom left corner, and then typing in the file name, but now all I get are web results. Is there a fix for this? I...
  8. recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu: I have just had my PD updated with the Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) On my start menu if I right clicked an application tile it would list the most recent files which had been opened. Very usefull!!! This has now dissapeared and I have to open the app, and then find...
  9. Start Menu not showing search results for documents

in Cortana
    Start Menu not showing search results for documents: Whenever I search for a document using the Start Menu, there are no search results. Apps show up fine. If I actually go into Explorer and search in a storage device's directory, it will show. But just never in the Start Menu. It's really irritating. Why is this? I rebuilt...
  10. No recent document for applications on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No recent document for applications on start menu: Hi! I used to have Windows7 for many years and lately I upgraded it to Windows10. On Windows7 I used to have for the application on start menu a black arrow right and when I hover it, I see the recent files I used (see attachment from Windows7 - red circles for the arrows):...