Windows 10: Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed

Discus and support Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In my search window, the only files that show up when I right-click one of the APP icons are OneDrive files. In earlier versions of WIN10 I could also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatrickMcCrary, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed

In my search window, the only files that show up when I right-click one of the APP icons are OneDrive files. In earlier versions of WIN10 I could also see the local files I had opened with those apps. How do I restore that?

Thanks!

:)

PatrickMcCrary, Oct 12, 2018

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 12, 2018
  3. cmoe Win User
    Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

hello.

I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility to customize this list or to re-add the function?
    I don't want to use "recently added apps" or something like that ...

Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed [​IMG]

greets.christian

4. Bree Win User

Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed

Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

The same jumplist shows wherever you right-click on Excel (or any other app that has a jumplist) be that on a tile in Start, pinned to the taskbar or in Start's 'all apps' list.

Right-click on any file name in the jumplist (like your ABC.xls) and you should see options to 'Pin to this list' and 'Remove from this list'. If the file is pinned to the list, you have to unpin it first before you can remove it from the list.

*Arrow Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

If that isn't working for you, then it sounds like you'll need to reset the recent items that jumplists show. This will reset ALL jumplists, not just the Excel one, so only reset it if nothing else works.

*Arrow Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Thema:

Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed

1. Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed - Similar Threads - Start Menu Files

2. How to get list of recent files after right click on pinned apps in start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get list of recent files after right click on pinned apps in start menu?: In Windows 10, when I right clicked on the pinned apps in the start menu, the drop down list would include the recent files used by the app.This doesn't seem to be the case in 11 which I just got today. \Can anyone help?Thanks....
  3. How to get list of recent files after right click on pinned apps in start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get list of recent files after right click on pinned apps in start menu?: In Windows 10, when I right clicked on the pinned apps in the start menu, the drop down list would include the recent files used by the app.This doesn't seem to be the case in 11 which I just got today. \Can anyone help?Thanks....
  4. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  5. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  6. Unable to Pin a File to Start Menu App

Unable to Pin a File to Start Menu App: Pinning files to an app's Start Menu icon seems to be an ongoing OS problem in Win 10, MS Office 365. I have MS Office 365 installed and updated. The apps are all on the Start Menu, Word and Excel are pinned there. When I right-click on the Word app icon, the context menu...
  7. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  8. Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?: hello. I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility...
  9. How to pin app in start menu ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin app in start menu ??: How to pin app in start menu ? ? I mean I dont want to pin app in start. I want to pin app in start menu like windows 7. Is it possible ? ? I search in setting but i cant fnd any option. Is thr any 3rd party software to do this ? ? 82320
  10. Problem pinning apps to the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem pinning apps to the start menu: I posted this on the MS support forum . Can't pin programs to the Start Menu in Windows 10, unless they are present in the "All apps" menu. Neither by drag & drop, nor by right-clicking and selecting "Pin To Start". Received this reply.. wonderded if it was a known...