Windows 10: Start screen option in tablet mode

Discus and support Start screen option in tablet mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to have the apps pane (burger menu top left corner) remain open when viewing the start screen I find this screen extremely dull compared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Y ish, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Y ish Win User

Start screen option in tablet mode

Is it possible to have the apps pane (burger menu top left corner) remain open when viewing the start screen I find this screen extremely dull compared to 8.1, I think the lack of colour has a big impact.

:)

Y ish, Oct 23, 2015

2. 'Use Full Start Screen'

Thanks, I already use Tablet Mode but the option is now only available in W10 when a tablet is actually being used
    as a tablet, and not connected to a docking station/desktop.

Musicalfox, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    'Use Full Start Screen'

There is still an option to start full screen. It's called 'Tablet Mode'.

Erdeslawe, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 23, 2015
  5. Y ish Win User
    Having more of the one colour on the screen is kind of the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve. The only benefit to turning that option on is having the active window title bar coloured, but not in tablet mode.

Y ish, Oct 23, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 23, 2015
  7. Y ish Win User
    Thanks but we're really not on the same page here!

Y ish, Oct 23, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Please provide more details then. The selected color is applied to the Start menu in tablet mode for me.

Brink, Oct 23, 2015
  9. Y ish Win User
    I'm not trying to change the colour(s), I am saying that the screen is to singularly coloured compared to the Start screen layout in Windows 8. The question I have is in relation to the list/pane/console whatever it be dubbed on the left hand side, this opens up when you hit the hamburger menu at the top left it shows essentially the left side of what is on the start menu if you are in desktop mode. Is it possible to have these details always show on the tablet mode desktop.

Start screen option in tablet mode [​IMG]

Y ish, Oct 23, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    When the Start menu is full screen, there's not a way that I'm aware of to have the menu stay open by default. *Sad

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start screen option in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Start screen option

2. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  3. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  4. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  5. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  6. Screen not rotating in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen not rotating in tablet mode: It has been rotating normally until this morning. I noticed people have experienced problems for a long time. What I didn't find were any fixes from Microsoft. The posts are also locked so does that prevent community members from helping each other. Currently, this device is...
  7. Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus: I am currently running Windows 10 Home in Tablet Mode. Problem is, the Start Screen steals focus. For instance, let's say I write a new message in Thunderbird. After I post it, the message window is closed, but focus does not go back to the originating program. Start...
  8. Disable start menu in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable start menu in tablet mode: I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open?...
  9. Log on to Start screen in Tablet Mode, how to?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log on to Start screen in Tablet Mode, how to?: Hi, I use my tablet in Tablet Mode mostly. When I log in, I'd like to see the Start Screen. But I can't find any setting for that! When I log in, I see just a blank screen and must press the Start button to get the Start Screen. 29012
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323