Windows 10: stop being the notifications to turn on Windows defender

Discus and support stop being the notifications to turn on Windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do we stop being the notifications to turn on Windows defender in the action center? 9516 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xGMANx, Jul 28, 2015.

1. xGMANx Win User

stop being the notifications to turn on Windows defender

How do we stop being the notifications to turn on Windows defender in the action center?

:)

xGMANx, Jul 28, 2015

2. Build 9879: Windows Defender Turns Off After Definition Updates (new title)

Experiencing the same issue, all updates installed properly, but recently every time a definition update is installed, a red warning notification is shown about Defender being off, and turning it on manually freezes the Defender window for a while. It
    also turns back on automatically if the notification is ignored.

Philippe Majerus, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Turning Off Windows Defender Notifications in Windows 10

this is *not* normal behavior.

The PC is either badly infected or Defender is falsely alerting. You need to determine *why* it is alerting, not look to turn off alerts.

Open Defender and review the History. What is listed as having been detected and what action is being taken? Where are the infections being shown as existing?

-steve

Defender has become an annoyance to me in Windows 10 as well. I am running bitdefender, so Windows defender is off. Every time I startup, I get the notification that defender is turned off. I have tried turning it on just to get rid of the notification,
    but it will not allow me to, probably due to having Bitdefender. I have even gone into settings and turned the notifications off and I still get that one at startup.

JeremeSchen, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  5. wzor Win User
    To disable it, click the notification, then you should be taken to the Action Center. Click the "Turn of messages about [Insert service here]", and you should be fine!

6. Gary Win User
    I installed AIS and it turned Defender off.

7. xGMANx Win User
    xGMANx, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yep, that would be why then. You could do what wzor posted above to turn off the messages though.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  9. xGMANx Win User
    Do you truly believe Norton is a waste of time?

xGMANx, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's up to you decide if you like Norton or not.

I personally don't care for it given it's past track record.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  11. xGMANx Win User
    Your a Windows expert and administrator of this forum. I will take your word as the Holy grail. I use nortons and malwarebytes. If you tell me that Windows as a standalone is suffice. That's what I'm going to do. I know that nortons uses a lot resources but didn't know they had a "track record."

xGMANx, Jul 29, 2015
  12. xGMANx Win User
    I thanks for the help. Much appreciated!

xGMANx, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome Gman. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. stop being the notifications to turn on Windows defender - Similar Threads - stop being notifications

2. Windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender notification: Can anybody tell me how to fix windows defender notification problem because it's recent scan notification do not pop up but when I turn it off that notification come. I already reset my system many times and after reset notification perfectly work but after sometime it do...
  3. windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender notification: Hi, I recently updated my win 11 but after the update was complete there were many notifications like this that kept coming up its something about .net runtime idk what to do is my device hacked or something?...
  4. windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender notification: Hi, I recently updated my win 11 but after the update was complete there were many notifications like this that kept coming up its something about .net runtime idk what to do is my device hacked or something?...
  5. Windows Defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender notification: Yesterday I got a notice on screen that I have a Trojan. There was a Windows phone contact number. I called and connected to a "microsoft troubleshooter". He had me to download Ultra Viewer and I allowed him to connect to my computer. He was on the phone and computer with me...
  6. Windows Defender notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender notification: Yesterday I got a notice on screen that I have a Trojan. There was a Windows phone contact number. I called and connected to a "microsoft troubleshooter". He had me to download Ultra Viewer and I allowed him to connect to my computer. He was on the phone and computer with me...
  7. Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen: [ATTACH] I am not able to turn on this setting even though I am the administrator. Please tell me a way to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-turn-on-windows-defender/5008c89d-8f63-4d6c-935d-b7e919825d87
  8. Windows Defender notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender notification: Where is notification history? The notice that said a virus was found disappeared when I clicked on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-notification/9a66370a-e2c7-4eb9-8ad5-bc80153ba2c6"
  9. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center will send notifications with critical information about the health and...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 Windows Security will send notifications with critical information about the health and security of your device. You...