Windows 10: Storage reserved for Windows Update

Discus and support Storage reserved for Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've read that after the April (May?) update, Windows10 will reserve 7 GB of storage for installing updates. Can this possibly be true? I only have 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bob Coleman, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Storage reserved for Windows Update

I've read that after the April (May?) update, Windows10 will reserve 7 GB of storage for installing updates. Can this possibly be true? I only have 8 GB.

:)

Bob Coleman, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Reserving disk space to keep Windows 10 up to date

Source: Windows 10 and reserved storage | Storage at Microsoft

Storage reserved for Windows Update [​IMG]
    Tip How to Enable or Disable Reserved Storage for Windows Update in Windows 10

How to Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 5, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Why some unaccesible space is reserved in a storage?

Much like qubit said, for powers of 2, yes. But lately you are seeing SSD's with 120GB or 240 GB capacity, etc. They are automatically reserving the extra space, so a 240GB SSD now has the same storage space as one listed as 256. They've just set aside 16GB for wear levelling, etc.

rtwjunkie, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Storage reserved for Windows Update

I'm a bit confused about this reservation on the Windows 10.

Hi Colton,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to cancel the reservation and reserve it again.

Refer to the below steps to cancel the reservation.

• Right click on the Get Windows 10 App or Windows icon located in right end of the taskbar.

• Select “Check your upgrade status”

• Select “Cancel reservation”

Refer to the below link to reserve Windows 10.

Questions about reserving Windows 10

Reply with the status of the issue, I will be happy to help you.

Vinod Raj P, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Storage reserved for Windows Update

1. Storage reserved for Windows Update - Similar Threads - Storage reserved Update

2. Windows 11 Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reserved Storage: What are the cons of disabling Reserved Storage?In Settings, this feature says, "Windows reserves some storage to facilitate proper performance and successful updates of your device."Will disabling it through registry affect the updates somehow?I have a slight theory that it...
  3. Windows 11 Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Reserved Storage: What are the cons of disabling Reserved Storage?In Settings, this feature says, "Windows reserves some storage to facilitate proper performance and successful updates of your device."Will disabling it through registry affect the updates somehow?I have a slight theory that it...
  4. Reserved Storage bug after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reserved Storage bug after windows update: Hi,A little while ago, I had a windows update that failed. After this failed update, my pc did not boot anymore and after some digging, I found out that this was probably due to a 100% full drive I can boot it now but my Windows is screwed but I will be able to fix that....
  5. Reserved Storage bug after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reserved Storage bug after windows update: Hi,A little while ago, I had a windows update that failed. After this failed update, my pc did not boot anymore and after some digging, I found out that this was probably due to a 100% full drive I can boot it now but my Windows is screwed but I will be able to fix that....
  6. Reserved Storage bug after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Disable Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Reserved Storage: I am unable to disable reserved storage, I kept trying and there is just no "Reserved Storage" tab in my Registry Editor and I am not sure what to do.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-reserved-storage/f35024a5-faa6-48b4-8a45-85e0972357d3
  8. Storage reserved for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage reserved for Windows Update: I've read that after the April (May?) update, Windows10 will reserve 7 GB of storage for installing updates. Can this possibly be true? I only have 8 GB. 130282
  9. Reserved Storage Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reserved Storage Information: I'm looking for information about the New feature of reserve storage and how can I disable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reserved-storage-information/62842160-3b62-4856-a59a-70dd0402cb3a
  10. Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Check Reserved Storage Size for Windows Update in Windows 10 A new build 18298 or newer. Starting with the next major update Microsoft is making a few changes to how Windows 10 manages disk...