Windows 10: Store apps not running after anniversary update

Discus and support Store apps not running after anniversary update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Before the anniversary update all of my Windows Store apps were working properly. Now some of the apps will start the app splash screen like it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elaguila64, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Store apps not running after anniversary update

Before the anniversary update all of my Windows Store apps were working properly. Now some of the apps will start the app splash screen like it is going to launch, then it exits back to the desktop. I have searched the issue of windows store apps not running on the internet. I found basically 2 solutions and neither one works. They both involve running long commands from the powershell as admin. One of them also required a permission change on the \programs files\windowsapps folder. I tried both fixes and they don't work. I have tried uninstalling the app rebooting, then installing the app again and that didn't work. I have also tried the wsreset but that didn't work either. Unfortunately several of my favorite windows store apps are ones that aren't working. Is there any way to fix this issue without reinstalling windows again?

:)

elaguila64, Oct 6, 2016
  2. dba_guy Win User

Posted 2015: An update on the Windows DVD Player app

My windows DVD player app stopped working after the Anniversary update. When I launch it now it just says there was a problem and to visit the store. Going to the store shows that I need to buy the app - no reinstall is available.

Anyone else run into this?

dba_guy, Oct 6, 2016
  3. Store & apps not working after anniversary update

YES!!! -THIS WORKS!!! I looked all over and tried sooo many different things but this worked immediately!

Just go to WindowsApps folder(Right Click>Properties>Security>Advanced>Add>All Application Packages>Ok), THEN check the box "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object".

WORKS LIKE A CHARM Store apps not running after anniversary update :D

ejbHarmony, Oct 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Store apps not running after anniversary update

dalchina, Oct 6, 2016
  5. I have tried all of these above and the issue still persists. Not sure what to do at this point other than wipe and clean install of Windows 10

elaguila64, Oct 9, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You can try an in-place upgrade repair install. Much less painful.

Now if you used disk imaging to secure your system- which is very strongly recommended here- you could restore an image created before the problem occurred- a much more convenient method not requiring technical help.

Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed, and x64 if you have a 64 bits OS, else x86 (32 bits).

Recommendation:
    Before you perform the following major repair procedure, do create a disk image (see below).

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    - this includes a link from which you can obtain Windows 10 iso file (" download a Windows 10 ISO"), or create a bootable medium.

I would recommend creating the bootable medium, as this can be used
    - for any future in-place upgrade repair install
    - to boot from and use its recovery options should Windows become unbootable.
    - to clean install Windows

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - no personal data should be affected
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Store apps not running after anniversary update

1. Store apps not running after anniversary update - Similar Threads - Store apps running

2. Updates post Anniversary just keep running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates post Anniversary just keep running: Since the Anniversary update, Windows has updated 3 times. Each time I have restarted my PC to install, it just runs and runs ie the little whirly circle on the screen and an occasional blip on the hard disk light. The first time I let it run for 3 hours as I saw this being...
  3. Anniversary update - apps disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anniversary update - apps disabled: My update to Anniversary Edition went fine, except I think I Have 2 apps that it disabled. The Action Center noted it, I clicked and it went to the maintenance page and I didn't see the names of the apps anywhere. Is there a way I can see which apps were disabled so I can...
  4. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  5. No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!

No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!: So I just updated to the latest Windows Update upon a prompt. (Automatically in other words.) This added the Anniversary Update as well, which changed the Start Menu somewhat. There is one problem though, it doesn't work as intended. I was under the impression that "All Apps"...
  6. "This app can't run on your pc" warning after anniversary update

"This app can't run on your pc" warning after anniversary update: Hi all, After anniversary update, I keep getting notifications from action center for Daemon Tools. I cannot even remove Daemon Tools and take any actions. When I click "my computer" to see drives, notfications starts one after another like a virus threat....
  7. Running out of memory since Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of memory since Anniversary update: When I play DDO, I also have chrome and Explorer open. This was never a problem until the anniversary update. Now I get screen messages saying I need to close something because I am running out of memory. Task manager shows memory usage at 89 - 91%. Even after I closed...
  8. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  9. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...
  10. Random APP Crashes after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random APP Crashes after Windows 10 Anniversary Update: The computer is primarily used for gaming, so I have noticed this mostly on games. Tried to play Dying Light: The Following tonight with a few friends.. game kept crashing like crazy. It was completely random for a bit.. then after a BSOD, it started crashing as soon as I...