Windows 10: Store is completely broken

Discus and support Store is completely broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All app pages whether app is installed or not, hangs on the loading dots in the middle of the page with no option to launch the app or download a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ten09, May 26, 2016.

1. Ten09 Win User

Store is completely broken

All app pages whether app is installed or not, hangs on the loading dots in the middle of the page with no option to launch the app or download a new one. And there is an app that I know is installed, it says "this app needs to be installed on your internal drive" ..sometimes the windows store just unexpectedly closes by itself. If I go check for updates, then I just get the loading dots..I've tried wsreset.exe, signing out, signing in. Nothing works

:)

Ten09, May 26, 2016

2. Store is completely broken, WINDOWS/WinStore does not exist

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot

FoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

MsSwiftFarrow, May 26, 2016
  3. feeberz Win User
    Store is completely broken, WINDOWS/WinStore does not exist

I too am facing the same problem. I tried to follow steps to reinstall preinstalled windows apps through running Powershell as administrator, but was faced with the message that a higher version already exists. After which, my once grayed out windows apps
    became even worst, in the sense that their names were gone and were replaced by names such as "@microsoft.windowscommunicationapps_17.6515.6402" for the mail app.

Please help, I've been trying so many things for so long.

feeberz, May 26, 2016
  4. Store is completely broken

-There is a fix for the Store somewhere here in the forums, as mine was hopelessly broken for months and now is back and working fine . . . but I can't remember what thread I was in where I found the fix; easy to lose my place in here! Maybe someone can point to where to find it.

DaveGrant01, May 26, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    2 tutorials to try. No guarantees.

1.How to Clear and Reset the Store Cache in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

2. How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...ws-8-10-a.html

davidhk, May 27, 2016
  6. Ten09 Win User
    Ten09, May 27, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, May 27, 2016
  8. Ten09 Win User

That did the trick! Many thanks

Ten09, May 28, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.
    Now that the problem is resolved, please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Store is completely broken - Similar Threads - Store completely broken

2. XBOX app and Microsoft Store completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX app and Microsoft Store completely broken: So I noticed my Xbox app is refusing to let me sign in denying me access to my games. Additionally, it is unable to load anything. I attempted to update the app via the Microsoft store only for the store to say that the page cannot be loaded with error Code: 0x80131500. I...
  3. Windows Store Completely Broken on a New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Completely Broken on a New PC: Brand new PC, windows store will not do anything, it will downloads apps and then fail on installation and give the "something is wrong on our end" error.The moment you do the WSReset it deletes itself and becomes unopenable ever again no matter what you do. Re-registering,...
  4. Windows Store Completely Broken on a New PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Completely Broken on a New PC: Brand new PC, windows store will not do anything, it will downloads apps and then fail on installation and give the "something is wrong on our end" error.The moment you do the WSReset it deletes itself and becomes unopenable ever again no matter what you do. Re-registering,...
  5. Microsoft Store Completely Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Completely Broken: My Xbox app was broken, so I uninstalled it with the intent to reinstall. However, the Microsoft store has been infinitely attempting to install it ever since. This is made stranger as the install never ended but the Xbox App is back on my PC, but could no longer install...
  6. Microsoft Store Completely Broken

Microsoft Store Completely Broken: My Xbox app was broken, so I uninstalled it with the intent to reinstall. However, the Microsoft store has been infinitely attempting to install it ever since. This is made stranger as the install never ended but the Xbox App is back on my PC, but could no longer install...
  7. Microsoft Store is completely broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is completely broken: I've had the game pass for 2 months but the Microsoft Store stopped working about 1.5 months ago which made me reinstall the xbox app but since then all apps have crashed when trying to initially install it. I've tried reset commands in the console, resetting the store cache,...
  8. MS Store completely BROKEN!

MS Store completely BROKEN!: Tried to reset it, nothing. Tried to view an app page on the store, loads and crashes (can only close the window with the red X) Tried to check on updates, see only a spinning circle. Can't scroll down on the app pages, whole app gets stuck! Damn, that store is such a piece...
  9. MS Store completely BROKEN!

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store completely BROKEN!: Tried to reset it, nothing. Tried to view an app page on the store, loads and crashes (can only close the window with the red X) Tried to check on updates, see only a spinning circle. Can't scroll down on the app pages, whole app gets stuck! Damn, that store is such a piece...
  10. Windows Store Completely Broken

Windows Store Completely Broken: Hi, my Microsoft Store is completely broken. I am running on Version 20H2 Build 19042.867 and my Microsoft store seems to have been completely deleted. If I type it in start, it shows up, but when I click on it, it does not open. When I go to “Add or remove programs” in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winstore does not exist