Windows 10: Switch local to microsoft account on windows

Discus and support Switch local to microsoft account on windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i'm trying to switch my windows local account to my Microsoft account but after i go to setting>accounts>your_info>sign in with a Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrainCircuit, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Switch local to microsoft account on windows

i'm trying to switch my windows local account to my Microsoft account but after i go to setting>accounts>your_info>sign in with a Microsoft account instead and write down my user name and password i get a message that another user on this device using my Microsoft account then i sign out from windows local account but can't find any other account to sign in .... please help me to setup my account in windows 10. thanks ...

Switch local to microsoft account on windows 57661689-8afe-4295-8045-5187f0163278?upload=true.png

:)

BrainCircuit, Mar 14, 2020
  2. DarWun Win User

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Mindweaver, Mar 14, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Switch local to microsoft account on windows

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Switch local to microsoft account on windows

1. Switch local to microsoft account on windows - Similar Threads - Switch local microsoft

2. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  3. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  4. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account: Currently my local account is associated with my mum's Microsoft account since she bought this laptop quite a while ago. But now I'm the one fully using the laptop and I want to switch the Microsoft account to my Microsoft account since I already have one. Is there anyway I...
  6. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  7. Switch local account to Microsoft login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch local account to Microsoft login: I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all user info. Most online searching mentions a link to "login to Microsoft account", but that is not displayed in my user...
  8. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  9. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch Microsoft account to local account: Hi! I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says: "We are sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to local account. Code: 0x80070057" Can anyone help me plz? I'm tired...
  10. Switching to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...