Windows 10: Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10.

Discus and support Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there! I'm hoping someone can help me. My partner has Windows 10 on his laptop, but had no Microsoft account of his own. He needed use of one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tinytink82, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10.

Hi there!

I'm hoping someone can help me.

My partner has Windows 10 on his laptop, but had no Microsoft account of his own.

He needed use of one for something I forget what and so I signed him in with mine.

However, since then we have created an account for him.

The problem we're having is that his profile on his laptop is connected with my Microsoft account.

I have tried creating another Administrator account with his Microsoft info, but of course none of his documents or settings are available.

I have been onto Manage my account on the Microsoft website and disassociated my account with his laptop, but that has made no difference!

He is the only user of his laptop; how do we remove my email and add his instead? We essentially just want to switch mine for his.

I'm flummoxed!

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Tinytink.

:)

Tinytink82, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10. :(

Zakin, Apr 2, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10.

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10.

1. Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10. - Similar Threads - Switching administrator account

2. Email address/microsoft account associated with administrator user is no longer accessible....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email address/microsoft account associated with administrator user is no longer accessible....: The email I used to set up administrator on my pc is no longer accessible and I have another Microsoft account that I use that I would like to change the admin info to. I do not want to create a new user because I have a lot of info on this user...
  3. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  4. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  5. Changing email associated with account

6. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  7. Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account

Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account: Currently my local account is associated with my mum's Microsoft account since she bought this laptop quite a while ago. But now I'm the one fully using the laptop and I want to switch the Microsoft account to my Microsoft account since I already have one. Is there anyway I...
  8. Switched Administrator Account - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switched Administrator Account - Windows 10: I am using my sons old computer as he got a new one. He was the admin on the old computer, so I created a new admin account for me, and then deleted his account, so I now use my account to sign in to the computer. When I did this, I noticed that a new account in the Users...
  9. Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue

Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue: I want to change the Microsoft account associated with the administrator account on my laptop. I have tried to look for solutions, but what I have found is mostly just make another account and turn it into an admin account or reset the laptop. I want to keep all my files...
  10. Switch which MS account that a local account is associated with

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch which MS account that a local account is associated with: My computer which I upgraded from Windows 7 and have upgraded piecemeal since has always used a local account. this account has all my software and registry settings for the hundreds of apps that I have for my work and hobbies. My daughter went to the MS store to download...