Windows 10: Switching Microsoft Accounts

Discus and support Switching Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Soapm, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Soapm Win User

Switching Microsoft Accounts

My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went well...

But then I went to switch it out of "S Mode", which meant signing into the Microsoft store. The only account I knew was the churches so I used it to sign into the Microsoft store.

We now want to get the churches info off her computer and use her Microsoft account and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make this simple change??? How can I switch the Microsoft email associated with her local account?

I was thinking of deleting her account and creating her a new one, but that will undo hours of setup I did today...

:)

Soapm, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. JanBouman Win User
    Switch to local account and back to Microsoft account is impossible

Thank you Smittychat.

I did ecactly what you suggested. Each one of the steps ended with messages saying that nothing is wrong, nothing is corrupted and no problems found. I tried to switch to my Microsoft account after each step (without result). I even restarted the system
    after performing all three steps.

The issue persists. When I try to switch to my Microsoft Account by using the Windows Settings --> Accounts buttons and selecting "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead", I still get the message "Something went wrong. Try again or select Cancel to set
    up your device later."

JanBouman, Sep 10, 2019
  4. DarWun Win User

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Switching Microsoft Accounts - Similar Threads - Switching Microsoft Accounts

2. switching microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching microsoft accounts: I want to give my old laptop to my brother. I just want to ask if it's ok to do clean install windows 10 and add his microsoft account instead? Or is there easier way?...
  3. switching microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switching microsoft accounts: I want to give my old laptop to my brother. I just want to ask if it's ok to do clean install windows 10 and add his microsoft account instead? Or is there easier way?...
  4. switching microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Switch Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Microsoft account: Hi,I have 2 Microsoft accounts, staff A and staff B.I have installed Windows with the staff A account. Also, I have installed apps with the same account.Now I want to switch to the staff B account which has higher access and permissions.How can I do it without losing my data,...
  6. Switch Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Microsoft account: Hi,I have 2 Microsoft accounts, staff A and staff B.I have installed Windows with the staff A account. Also, I have installed apps with the same account.Now I want to switch to the staff B account which has higher access and permissions.How can I do it without losing my data,...
  7. How to Switch to Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Switch to Microsoft Account?: HiPlease , how to change my login from User To hot email account ?Windows 10 .Thanks[Original Title: account] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-to-microsoft-account/54480077-8d45-4b09-a1fa-fab6477ee65d
  8. Microsoft Account Switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Switch: Hello everyone, I have a new client who uses Windows 10 at their office. We discovered a PC that was signed into an account which uses the email of a previous employee that no longer works at the office and had been signed in for quite some time. I'd like to replace the...
  9. Switching Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching Microsoft Accounts: My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went well... But then I went to switch it out of "S Mode", which meant signing into the Microsoft store. The only account I knew was...
  10. No option to switch to Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to switch to Microsoft account.: Hi, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my desktop pc (laptop went from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro) and I am trying to sync the settings across the 2 devices. On my pc I do not have the option to switch from local account to my Windows account. [img] I created a new...