Windows 10: Switching personal accounts.

Discus and support Switching personal accounts. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I originally had Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on my account and i tried to sign in the Microsoft store with that account that i got the game in but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Shuzza, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Shuzza Win User

Switching personal accounts.

So I originally had Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on my account and i tried to sign in the Microsoft store with that account that i got the game in but i get You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead. This is my own computer, and a personal account.

:)

Shuzza, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Switching personal accounts. - Similar Threads - Switching personal accounts

2. Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!

in Cortana
    Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!: Whenever I turn on my laptop, the Windows search always uses my school account even though I have my personal account set as default and everything. I started noticing it especially after Outlook updated to the new UI. I have to manually switch it from the search menu. Is...
  3. Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!: Whenever I turn on my laptop, the Windows search always uses my school account even though I have my personal account set as default and everything. I started noticing it especially after Outlook updated to the new UI. I have to manually switch it from the search menu. Is...
  4. Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Switch personal account to work one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch personal account to work one: I need to log in to windows as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** while keeping all files, settings. ssh, and so on, cause it would take days to reconfigure. how do i keep user while logging all my actions as the work acc...
  6. Switch personal account to work one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch personal account to work one: I need to log in to windows as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** while keeping all files, settings. ssh, and so on, cause it would take days to reconfigure. how do i keep user while logging all my actions as the work acc...
  7. Switching accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching accounts: So, when I originally got my computer, I was young and didn't have an account, so my mum signed in on her account. It's been a few years, and I have my own account, and want to sign in on that account, is there any way to sign in on my account without my mum doing any thing...
  8. Switching Accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Switching Accounts: Hi all, I have 3 E-Mail accounts and sometimes I dont want to use the same Account to reply. If I just click on Reply it will use the same account on that it came in. is there a way to switch to a differed account? BTW, I am using Mail not outlook. in WLM it was possible to...
  9. How to switch to a local account while maintaining personalization.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch to a local account while maintaining personalization.: I'm desperately trying to remove the account which currently administrates this computer and switch to a local but the option was removed because Microsoft is the most annoying company on earth. All I wish to happen is to be signed in to no Microsoft account and preserve the...
  10. Switching Business Account to Personal Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching Business Account to Personal Account: I recently retired and was allowed to take my computer with me upon retirement. Because I was running the companies software--most notably Windows 10 and Office 365--I decided to go ahead and buy a subscription to Office 365 Home and I want to do the same thing for my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. You cant sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead