Windows 10: System Restore

Discus and support System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; How do I get to system restore on Windows 10? 12973 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rilbet2, Aug 4, 2015.

1. rilbet2 Win User

System Restore

How do I get to system restore on Windows 10?

:)

rilbet2, Aug 4, 2015

2. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 as time passes I find Windows 10 very intrusive to my personal files music and pictures with the new 10 update it seems it will become more intrusive.

When I upgraded to 10 I had to sign in as a new user with a different password from Win 7. I lost my Win 7 password. Widows 10 has moved all my music files and picture files. My back up is stored off site and system restore back to a previous time I assume
    is using my old 7 password and my user/computer name for security thus disallowing access to those files. How do I find my old password while using Windows 10 because I would like to go back to Win 7. I am not a gamer and it seems Win 10 and the anniversary
    update are targeted toward multiple computer gamer use. I do have a system repair disc from Win 7.

John M system restore, Aug 4, 2015
  3. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 as time passes I find Windows 10 very intrusive to my personal files music and pictures with the new 10 update it seems it will become more intrusive.

Mohan B thank you for the information I will research the link. I surmise I was not signed in I just started with the question so I will create a new account. Thank You. John W

John M system restore, Aug 4, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

System Restore

swarfega, Aug 4, 2015
  5. rilbet2 Win User
    Great! How do I get to control panel?

rilbet2, Aug 4, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Right click on the Windows icon where you click for start menu.

swarfega, Aug 4, 2015
  7. rilbet2 Win User
    Thanks,

Microsoft, among others, apparently does not know that different is not better. Better is either faster or easier to use or best, both.

rilbet2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Restore

1. System Restore - Similar Threads - System Restore

2. Restore System Native Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore System Native Font: Yesterday I created a font for a Writing System I'm working on, inspired on Segoe UI Regular, the native Windows 10 font, that's why I renamed the font "Segoe_UI_Khrivnivite"; when I was going to install the font I noticed that the text on the font window used the font I...
  3. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore have been running for more than 2 hours: I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore. The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its...
  4. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore have been running for more than 2 hours: I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore. The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its...
  5. Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do my Windows 10 System Restore points keep disappearing?: I have recently done a complete clean install of Windows 10 x64 and everything seems to working fine except that System Restore points always vanish within a few hours of them being created. I created one just after completing the installation but that and all the other more...
  6. Last Time I Tried to Restore from a Windows-Created System Image It Refused to Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last Time I Tried to Restore from a Windows-Created System Image It Refused to Restore: Somebody else built a system with specialized software installed on it. It sends radio broadcasts to a radio transmitter on a fixed schedule. Something got corrupted and I needed to put the system on a firm foundation that the system image represented. In Microsoft's...
  7. Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen

Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen: I was attempting to fix another problem by rolling back to an earlier image by using system restore. After 24 hours I figured the machine was locked up, so I powered it off. I have been trying to power it back up using the Function F8 (Lenovo Ideapad 320 laptop). I see...
  8. Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?: [img] This is a print screen I took last month. I had this problem where I manually created my own Windows System Restore point naming it Healthy PC. The problem is after a few more days when I installed a new application named BabasChess. Windows created an Automatic...
  9. Problem with microsoft directx driver with system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with microsoft directx driver with system restore: I restored my windows system to 5 days behind and started using the computer but while using it the computer crashed with error code DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALS then rebooted now the PC won't start because of CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and safe mode won't boot because of...
  10. System Restore failed - with error codes

System Restore failed - with error codes: Dell 15-3552, Windows 10 Home v1903, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. I accidentally deleted some programs. Although I use Marcium on a external drive once a month, now learnt my mistake to do it more often. I used System Restore to restore to the last created point 2...