Windows 10: Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

Discus and support Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar How to Create or Delete Folder from Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

How to: Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

How to Create or Delete Folder from Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar in Windows 10

Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar [​IMG]
    Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web.

The favorites bar is a toolbar in Microsoft Edge that you can add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

Starting with favorites bar turned on in Microsoft Edge, you can add or remove folders on the favorites bar.

You can drag and drop favorites and other folders on the favorites bar into any folder on the favorites bar to organize your favorites how you like.

This tutorial will show you how to add or delete folders from the favorites bar in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Create New Folder on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Two: To Delete Folder on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge

OPTION ONE [/i] To Create New Folder on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Right click or press and hold on the favorites bar, and click/tap on Create new folder. (see screenshot below)

3. Type a name (ex: Forums) you want for the "New folder". (see screenshot below)

Note You can right click or press and hold on the folder, and click/tap on Rename to rename this folder anytime you like.

4. You can now drag and drop any favorites or other folders on the favorites bar into this new folder (ex: Forums) if you like to organize your favorites on the favorites bar. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Delete Folder on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Right click or press and hold on a folder on the favorites bar you want to delete, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below)

Warning When you delete a folder, it will also delete all favorites and folders in the folder.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 15, 2017

2. how to add web sites to my favorites in Microsoft Edge

Hi Brooks,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add a Website to Favorites in Microsoft Edge:

• Open the Microsoft Edge app, and go to the website you want to add to favorites.
    • Press the Ctrl + D keys or click on the
      start
      icon (Add to Favorites) in the address bar.
    • Type a name you want for the favorite.
    • Do step 5 or step 6 below for what folder to add the website as a favorite to.
    • To Add Website as a Favorite to an Existing Folder in Favorites
      • Under Create in, select an existing folder, click/tap on
        Add
        , and go to step 7.
    • To Add Website as a Favorite to a New Folder in Favorites.
      • Under Create in, select an existing folder that you want to create the new folder in.
      • Click/tap on the Create new folder link.
      • Type in a name you want for the new folder, click/tap on
        Add
        , and go to step 7.
    • You will now see the start icon (Add to Favorites) turn yellow to indicate that the current website has been added to your Favorites.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

Nesting favorites in Edge

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to figure out how to create folders and have favorites in them in the Edge browser. I have a ton of favorites that are organized by folder of what topic they deal with. My googlefu seems to point to an answer of no folders on the favorites bar, just an endless list of items. Knowing Microsoft the way I do this seems very unlikely, my take is that they love nesting.

Any suggestions?

KeylessEnigma, Oct 26, 2019
  5. graye Win User
    Favorites Bar in Edge

Nothing will show up in the horizontal Favorites BAR until you put something there

There are two steps to make this work:

• Enable the Favorites BAR (which it appears you have already done)
    • Move some favorites into the Favorites BAR

Most people use the horizontal Favorites BAR for just a few of their frequently used favorites... and do not attempt to put their entire collection of favorites there. Instead, the "big" list of favorites remains in the vertical Favorites PANE.

So, open the vertical Favorites PANE the normal way (via the "hub" icon... the 3 little lines), expand the FOLDER called "Favorites Bar", and move a few favorites there via a "drag-n-drop" operation. This is a special folder that mirrors the horizontal
    Favorites BAR. So, anything you put there will show up both in the vertical Favorites PANE and in the horizontal Favorites BAR.

Note: Make sure that you don't accidentally have two folders called "Favorites Bar" in the vertical Favorites PANE. If you have more than one, then you should be using the one at the top of the list.

Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar 522d956e-ac04-4c0b-a8f0-705dc82f4691.png

graye, Oct 26, 2019
  6. MJMtexas Win User
    Edge favorites won't save to created folder. Can't delete

In Windows 10 Edge, the favorites function is inconsistent. I created one new folder, added a site, worked fine. I created another folder and another site will not save to it. So I tried to delete that folder and it won't delete. I was able to save the
    site to the default favorites list. Please advise if it is fixed or you find a go around. Thank you.

MJMtexas, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

1. Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Similar Threads - Create Delete Folder

2. Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder: When I upgraded from edge to edge chromium, it created a "other favorites" folder in the favorites and nested all mine under that folder. Why would it do that and add an extra click? I have tried going to manage favorites, but you cannot move them out of that folder in there....
  3. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  4. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  5. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  6. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  7. Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created: Hi! I've been using Windows 10 for about 2 months now and do like the feel of it. Now, I have a problem with the Edge browser not saving a website I try to favorite in a new folder under Favorites. When favoriting a website to Favorites or Favorite Toolbar, is saves...
  8. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  9. Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge: Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another location they may be being saved or...
  10. Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites: I have not been able to delete favorites from the "Favorite Bar" drop down list. The right-click and the delete key do not work. 12199