Windows 10: Transfer games from one account to another

Discus and support Transfer games from one account to another in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought Minecraft before Bedrock edition came out and I accidentally redeemed my free copy on my other account; is it possible to switch the game from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Zavhytar, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Zavhytar Win User

Transfer games from one account to another

I bought Minecraft before Bedrock edition came out and I accidentally redeemed my free copy on my other account; is it possible to switch the game from being on my other Microsoft account to being on this one?

:)

Zavhytar, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

Kari, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Transfer games from one account to another

Transfer Xbox Account to a Family Member

Thank you for following up. For more detailed steps on how create a new Microsoft account and on how to transfer the Xbox account along with his password handles, game licenses, and account activity. We suggest that you contact our Xbox Chat Support directly
    on this
    link

Feel free to provide us an update regarding on this issue.

Jomari Arc, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Transfer games from one account to another

1. Transfer games from one account to another - Similar Threads - Transfer games account

2. Is it possible to transfer minecraft from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to transfer minecraft from one account to another: I have kind of a weird issue, so I have always had problems with my Minecraft/Microsoft account. So when I got a new computer, I found that Minecraft would not download through minecraft.net. To fix this a forum said to launch Minecraft through Xbox live, but I had to make a...
  3. Is it possible to transfer minecraft from one account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to transfer minecraft from one account to another: I have kind of a weird issue, so I have always had problems with my Minecraft/Microsoft account. So when I got a new computer, I found that Minecraft would not download through minecraft.net. To fix this a forum said to launch Minecraft through Xbox live, but I had to make a...
  4. Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another: Hello.I would like to merge one Microsoft MS account with a second MS account. Specifically, I would like to transfer all information associated with the former account, including Windows settings and files, to the latter account.This is needed because Windows 11 requires...
  5. Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another: Hello.I would like to merge one Microsoft MS account with a second MS account. Specifically, I would like to transfer all information associated with the former account, including Windows settings and files, to the latter account.This is needed because Windows 11 requires...
  6. Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.: Hi! I recently changed my microsoft account, and I want to transfer all the files from the old onedrive account. I know there is a transfer flow available, but for some reason it doesn't work. Whenever I try to use it, I receive the following error message. Is there...
  7. How to transfer data from one account to another?

How to transfer data from one account to another?: When I first got my laptop I signed in on a old account. I stopped using the account a few months ago and decided to make a new one. Is there anyway to add the new account and delete the old one without deleting any off my files? I tryed making a local for now but when I sign...
  8. Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another

Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another: This seems to be my month to contact Microsoft. So glad you're here to answer questions. Is it possible to transfer files from one Microsoft account to another? I prefer to have to handle only one account, but circumstances made it necessary to create a new account with an...
  9. Can I transfer a game from one microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer a game from one microsoft account to another?: When minecraft windows 10 was announced years ago, I redeemed it on an account, and currently I do not use that account. I made a new account with my main email address much later, as I forgot about my old one, which is now the account I have all my friends on and my...
  10. How to transfer everything from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer everything from one account to another: I have new account to use. So I want to create new account to Microsoft store but still keep the data and progress of games. How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-everything-from-one-account-to/1ce45dec-e5d6-4d93-907c-0631c7086be0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i transfer games on xbox to another account