Windows 10: Transfer laptop and account, windows license

Discus and support Transfer laptop and account, windows license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I want to sell my laptop. Previously, I have bought this laptop with windows 8.1 preinstalled, and it is linked to my Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TruongNgo Vinh, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Transfer laptop and account, windows license

Hello,

I want to sell my laptop.

Previously, I have bought this laptop with windows 8.1 preinstalled, and it is linked to my Microsoft account.

After that, I upgraded to windows 10 (free).

Now I want to transfer the windows 10 license to a new owner while I still control my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (but I will deactivate this account on this laptop when I sell it) because it holds my data on onedrive, my personal and bank data, apps etc.... Is that possible to do that? or if not, how can I sell to a new owner without letting them use any of my account, my data, files both on this laptop and on the internet (including in Microsoft account website).

Thanks so much for your help!

:)

TruongNgo Vinh, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Transfer laptop and account, windows license

Transfer license to another account

I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account.

Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)

RezaDharmawan, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Transfer laptop and account, windows license

1. Transfer laptop and account, windows license - Similar Threads - Transfer laptop account

2. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  3. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  4. Transferring Windows License to a replacement laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows License to a replacement laptop.: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop that died bought a new Windows 10 Home laptop to replace it. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new laptop. The key IS NOT an OEM key so I should be able to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to the replacement computer...
  5. Transferring Windows License to a replacement laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows License to a replacement laptop.: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop that died bought a new Windows 10 Home laptop to replace it. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new laptop. The key IS NOT an OEM key so I should be able to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to the replacement computer...
  6. Transferring Windows License to a replacement laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transfer Windows license to another laptop

Transfer Windows license to another laptop: I lost my laptop which had a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home. Now, I am using another laptop but it came with no pre-installed OS. So I want to reuse the old license of the window on my new laptop. Is it possible? Also, I do not have the product key of the lost laptop but it...
  8. Transferring digital license to different account

Transferring digital license to different account: So, the digital license I was using before I replaced my motherboard is on an account that decided that the password I'm using is right is wrong. Confusing, but I want to transfer the digital license to my other account, so the activation will be easier. How does that work?...
  9. Digital license transfer to another account

Digital license transfer to another account: Hey, I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation page which...
  10. Transfer license to another account

Transfer license to another account: I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)...