Windows 10: Transfer license to another account

Discus and support Transfer license to another account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RezaDharmawan, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Transfer license to another account

I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account.

Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)

:)

RezaDharmawan, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Transfer license to another account

Andre Da Costa, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Transfer license to another account

1. Transfer license to another account - Similar Threads - Transfer license another

2. Transferring Purchase to Another Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring Purchase to Another Account: I was wondering how I can transfer a purchase I made in Microsoft Store to another Microsoft account. I need to transfer because I'm not using this account anymore....
  3. Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile: Hi, I have a laptop, which came with a Windows 10 OEM license. It is now activated in my windows live account or something like that. If I reinstall the OS completely and log in on this laptop, no new activation is needed. This is fine. But soon I will buy a new laptop, and...
  4. License transfer

License transfer: I have an older laptop that had Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it free to Windows 10 Pro. I am replacing it with a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. How do I upgrade the new laptop to Pro by transferring the license from the old laptop?...
  5. transferring individual license to another person

transferring individual license to another person: Hello guys! I'd like to know which is the best approach when selling a computer that is running a copy of windows I personally bought. If the new owner does something against the License Agreement or I don't know, maybe installs unlicensed software on that machine, who is...
  6. License transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License transfer: How do I transfer my Windows 10 Pro Digital License on my Microsoft account to my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-transfer/09687833-50c8-44de-9f8e-409342cf8138
  7. Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.: I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC? I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...
  10. Transfer license

Transfer license: Hello, I recently bought a laptop and a license for windows 10. Now, the laptop was replaced because of factory defect and i forgot to deactivate the license from the replaced one. I can't seem to activate my windows 10 now since it says that it is still being used in...