Windows 10: Transfer license to another account

Discus and support Transfer license to another account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RezaDharmawan, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Transfer license to another account

I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account.

Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)

:)

RezaDharmawan, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Transfer license to another account

Andre Da Costa, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Transfer license to another account

1. Transfer license to another account - Similar Threads - Transfer license another

2. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  3. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  4. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  5. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  6. Transfer digital license to another account

7. Transferring activation license to another Microsoft account

Transferring activation license to another Microsoft account: I'm passing down my old PC running an activated Windows 10 Pro to my younger sibling. I'd like her to be able to use the PC with her own Microsoft account whilst still being activated; I'm also planning to do a fresh Windows 10 pro installation for her. I got my activation...
  8. Transferring activation license to another Microsoft account

Transferring activation license to another Microsoft account: I'm passing down my old PC running an activated Windows 10 Pro to my younger sibling. I'd like her to be able to use the PC with her own Microsoft account whilst still being activated; I'm also planning to do a fresh Windows 10 pro installation for her. I got my activation...
  9. Can I transfer a license to another account?

Can I transfer a license to another account?: A couple years ago I purchased a notebook and paired its license with an old microsoft account of mine, which later had some issues and I decided to make a new one. However, now with all the ecosystem stuff, I want to change the license key to my new account. I've seen that...
  10. Digital license transfer to another account

Digital license transfer to another account: Hey, I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation page which...