Windows 10: transferring data between user accounts

Discus and support transferring data between user accounts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok so basically what has happened is my brother has been on my pc and signed into my friends microsoft account and "linked" it or something and now his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MosiJ, Oct 15, 2019.

1. MosiJ Win User

transferring data between user accounts

Ok so basically what has happened is my brother has been on my pc and signed into my friends microsoft account and "linked" it or something and now his microsoft account holds all my data and cookies and pretty much everything i have ever done on my pc. i uased a local account to sign into my pc and my brother must have linked all the data under the local account to my friends account, meaning that he has it all on his account. and when i sign in it says his name. ive added my own microsoft account to this pc and am wondering if its possible to transfer all of my data from one account to another i an send screenshots if anyone can help fix this transferring data between user accounts 36ed04c9-eda7-49c0-a7a0-0538669d3905?upload=true.png

:)

MosiJ, Oct 15, 2019

2. Transferring an account on Windows 10 (EDITED)

Hi,

As you are facing issue with transferring an account on windows 10, I would surely help you with it.

But I would like to know the below information,

• Entire account: are you referring to a Microsoft account or a local user account?
    If it is a Microsoft user account the same settings will synchronize to the new user account.

Steps to transfer the files to the new admin user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on OS (C transferring data between user accounts :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/ files to the new user account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

4. transferring data between user accounts

Unable to sign-in to Microsoft account forgotten password

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with details.

Since, you have forgotten the user account password we will not able to help you related password scenarios due to security purpose. The best what I can suggest you is create a new user account and transfer all user profile data’s to the new user account.
    Once you transfer all the data’s to new user account you can convert the user account to Microsoft account and delete the old user account (If you want).
    You can also follow the below steps to transfer all your data’s to the new user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on
      OS (Ctransferring data between user accounts :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/file to the new user account.
    Hope this helps. We look forward to hear from you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

transferring data between user accounts

1. transferring data between user accounts - Similar Threads - transferring data between

2. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  3. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  4. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. transferring files between user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring files between user accounts: How can I transfer my files apps and files in my administrator account to the local account i use now? i have tried to copy the account but i cant because that account is an administrator account and it can't be copied to any user account. help me to solve this problem....
  6. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to program settings also change settings on the other accounts. In a perfect world I would like the same software on each user...
  7. Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop program settings from transfering between User Accounts: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have an Admin account and a non Admin account on my PC and I have noticed that changes made to program settings also change settings on the other accounts. In a perfect world I would like the same software on each user...
  8. Roboform at bargain price.. and how to transfer data between accounts

Roboform at bargain price.. and how to transfer data between accounts: Hi, this is how I got 5 years of Roboform for $29-95, and learnt how to transfer data between accounts. Recently I made a mistake which turned out quite well. I came across an offer for a 5 year license for $29-99 - normally $19-95 p.a. I believe. Bought that, but then found...
  9. App Transfer Between Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Transfer Between Accounts: I redeemed an app code for a game for my windows 10 PC a year ago but I accidently did it on this (my father's) account instead of on mine while the account that is usually logged on the PC is my account. is there a way I can transfer it between the accounts so it will be on...
  10. Transferring data between two computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring data between two computers.: Hello, I have recently bought a new laptop and I want to transfer all the data from my Personal Computer to laptop. Which option should I use, disk image or clone creator? Is transferring all the data in order to make my laptop the same as my computer even possible? Both...