Windows 10: Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another

Discus and support Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This seems to be my month to contact Microsoft. So glad you're here to answer questions. Is it possible to transfer files from one Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VikkiDavis1, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another

This seems to be my month to contact Microsoft. So glad you're here to answer questions.

Is it possible to transfer files from one Microsoft account to another? I prefer to have to handle only one account, but circumstances made it necessary to create a new account with an outlook email.

Bit of history,

Had a Hotmail account for many years, never a problem. Started receiving concerning emails so decided it was time to change to another domain. The domain I chose has proved to be very unreliable, I'm not receiving quite a few of my emails, so I've chosen to come back to outlook.com. This created a second Microsoft account that I'd like to make my primary account. Is there any way to transfer files from the old account to the new?

Grateful for any help.

Vikki

:)

VikkiDavis1, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

4. Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another

Transferring an account on Windows 10 (EDITED)

Hi,

As you are facing issue with transferring an account on windows 10, I would surely help you with it.

But I would like to know the below information,

• Entire account: are you referring to a Microsoft account or a local user account?
    If it is a Microsoft user account the same settings will synchronize to the new user account.

Steps to transfer the files to the new admin user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on OS (C Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/ files to the new user account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another

1. Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another - Similar Threads - Transferring files Microsoft

2. Transfer phone number from one to another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer phone number from one to another Microsoft account: Hey there,I have an old Microsoft account with my phone number attached to it. After years I now created a new account and I would like to link my phone number to it. But every time I try it says: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."I do...
  3. Transfer phone number from one to another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer phone number from one to another Microsoft account: Hey there,I have an old Microsoft account with my phone number attached to it. After years I now created a new account and I would like to link my phone number to it. But every time I try it says: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."I do...
  4. How to transfer everything from one Microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer everything from one Microsoft account to another?: Hi all - I've 2 Microsoft accounts. One has everything I need not just files but settings, saved passwords etc, basically my world! and the other has pretty much nothing but that's the one with the active subscription and that's the one I want to be using with everything from...
  5. How to transfer everything from one Microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer everything from one Microsoft account to another?: Hi all - I've 2 Microsoft accounts. One has everything I need not just files but settings, saved passwords etc, basically my world! and the other has pretty much nothing but that's the one with the active subscription and that's the one I want to be using with everything from...
  6. Combining/transferring data from one Microsoft account to another.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining/transferring data from one Microsoft account to another.: Currently, I have 2 Microsoft accounts on my computer. Account 1 is under an old email and has Xbox game information and some OneDrive information. Account 2 is under a new email and has the bulk of my OneDrive and OneNote information. I'd like to move all of Account 1's...
  7. Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.: Hi! I recently changed my microsoft account, and I want to transfer all the files from the old onedrive account. I know there is a transfer flow available, but for some reason it doesn't work. Whenever I try to use it, I receive the following error message. Is there...
  8. Transferring files from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from one SSD to another: Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You download a file, app, or a program onto your computer and it installs into Drive D. Is there a way that you can move any kind of...
  9. transfer microsoft from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer microsoft from one computer to another: We just upgraded our computer and would like to transfer the program account to the new one. How do we download microsoft to the new one. Our account does not expire until this spring. Thank you....
  10. Transfer games from one account to another

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transfer games from one account to another: I bought Minecraft before Bedrock edition came out and I accidentally redeemed my free copy on my other account; is it possible to switch the game from being on my other Microsoft account to being on this one?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to transfer all files from one microsoft account to another

2. how to transfer from a microsoft account to another microsoft account

3. how to transfer documments from one microsoft account to another

4. how to copy files from one microsoft account to another,
  5. export files from one microsoft account to another