Windows 10: Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Apps for websites is a feature that uses web-to-app linking to associate an app with a website.

Apps for websites was first introduced in Windows 10 build 14342, but there were no apps available at the time that supported this.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15007, clicking links to websites that support web-to-app linking will now open that page in the respective app.

Some websites can be opened by an app or a browser. You can turn off an app to open the website with a browser, or turn on an app to open the website in the app.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off apps to open websites with the app or browser for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Apps icon.

2. Click/tap on Apps for websites on the left side, and turn On (default) or Off any installed apps that support web-to-app linking for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 7, 2017
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Apps

2. How to Turn off Website Recommendations in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn off Website Recommendations in Windows 11: [IMG]In this article, we will show you how to turn off website recommendations in Windows 11. Website Recommendations in Windows 11 is a feature that suggests websites based on your browsing history on Bing. These recommendations are displayed in the Start menu under the...
  3. No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...: It's a temporary fix for people that don't have background apps the link will show you how to do a group policy edit and a registry edit to disable the background apps https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-background-apps-in-windows-11.923/Microsoft and their...
  4. Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10 [img] Information Some websites may have their content available in different languages. Windows can share information about your...
  5. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 Windows can personalize your Start menu based on the apps that you launch. This allows you to quickly have access to your list of Most used apps both in the...
  6. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose which apps can receive info, send notifications, and stay up-to-date, even when you're not using them. Turning background apps off can...
  7. Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows...
  8. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you will occasionally see app suggestions on Start such as Candy Crush Soda Saga, Twitter, Minecraft, Flipboard etc... in All Apps on the left side of Start. If you click/tap on...
  9. Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Mail app Signature in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between...
  10. Turn On or Off Apps to Share from in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Apps to Share from in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Apps to Share from in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Specific Apps to Share from in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 15007 released on January 12th 2017. [img] Information In...