Windows 10: Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store

Discus and support Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; I used Option 3, step 4. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by nissimezra, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jimjoe Win User

Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store

I used Option 3, step 4.

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  2. jimjoe Win User

Computer says I have Windows 10.0.14393

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  3. jimjoe Win User
    i put the always on reg file on my computer, same error above.

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yeah, you won't get app updates from the Store if the Store app has been uninstalled.

You might see if the command from the tutorial below may be able to restore the Store app for you.

Store - Re-register in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 18, 2017
  5. jimjoe Win User
    Well, Store is there, and I have turned off apps update. But the shell command you gave earlier still doesn't work.

edit:

I also found a setting that apparently switches this desktop to tablet or back to desktop. I put it on desktop as many things are not on here like xbox, a camera, a microphone, etc.

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok, good.

Did you run the command from the Run (Win+R) dialog?

Brink, Mar 18, 2017
  7. jimjoe Win User
    Yes. OneDrive updated/reinstalled after I had used cpanel to delete it. Weather, voice recorder, phone, etc. I have no use for on this desktop, but I was unable to get rid of them. I could bring up the uninstall for each... but nothing happened when I clicked on it. Some apps did uninstall. Ah, Groove Music is back. I really have no use for these apps.

jimjoe, Mar 19, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you haven't already tried, you might see if using one of the other options in the tutorial below uninstall them may help.

Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 19, 2017
  9. jimjoe Win User
    If there was an app update last night, its not showing on my computer today.

jimjoe, Mar 21, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 21, 2017
  11. jimjoe Win User
    Apps are not showing as updated.

I've been out camping, needed a holiday from the relatives. Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store :)

jimjoe, Mar 26, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sounds good so far then.

Brink, Mar 26, 2017
  13. jimjoe Win User

Still not updating, so its fixed ! Hurrah !

jimjoe, Apr 5, 2017
  14. bo elam Win User
    Hi Shawn, I have no use for Universal Windows Apps. And I dont have a Microsoft account. When I open Store and look for Settings to disable Apps from updating automatically from there, I don't find Settings. I guess the account is needed for having access to Settings from within Store?

So, despite not using a MS account, can I use Option 3, Steps 4 and 3 to turn Off or back On Apps automatic updates?

I uninstalled all Apps that Microsoft "don't mind" we uninstall but left the rest alone. I can ignore them but would love to stop their updates. I can tell when they are updating, and see errors (number 37) in Windows Events Log that the updates generates. Does this error goes away by Turning off Apps updates? And, is disabling Apps from updating automatically going to generate another error in Event Log?

Thanks *Cool

Bo

bo elam, Jul 19, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Bo, *Smile

Yes, you could use steps 3 and 4 in Option 3 to toggle Store app auto updates on and off if you like.

However, you should still have a "Settings" option when you click on the user icon in the Store.

Just to note, these apps (if used) can fail if not kept updated. This would include all the default apps like Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV, Mail, etc....

Brink, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store - Similar Threads - Turn Off Automatic

2. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store: how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store *Moved from Office insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-automatic-update-of-all-apps-in/8dd128e6-7e9d-4f0e-ae78-c08068b385d4
  3. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store: how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store *Moved from Office insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-automatic-update-of-all-apps-in/8dd128e6-7e9d-4f0e-ae78-c08068b385d4
  4. Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi,We are facing an issue with users who are using Mail App in their laptop/Microsoft Surface, when they are trying to Sync the mails a warning message is popping, "You're sending automatic replies from account Turn Off /Dismiss" if we turn off still after some time it's...
  5. Turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off automatic updates: I have followed the directions for stopping the automatic updates, but when I try to execute them, it tells me I can't access that feature. How do I turn this feature off?...
  6. turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  7. Turn automatic updates off?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn automatic updates off?: Hello, i just installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my computer and would like to turn automatic updates off but cannot find the option on control panel. Can anyone help me out? 110716
  8. Is it possible to turn off automatic updates for windows 10?

Is it possible to turn off automatic updates for windows 10?: Hello, Is it possible to turn off automatic updates for windows 10? I check for updates often and would rather manually install them instead of finding out after the fact that updates we made. Thanks in advance. Stu 68977
  9. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates: Hello. To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done by going to Start Menu>type 'Services'>look for a service called 'Windows Update' and double click on it>if it's already...
  10. Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...