Windows 10: Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Getting to know you for Inking & Typing Personalization in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Pilkie, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Pilkie Win User

Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Getting to know you for Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

When the user dictionary for you that is used to make better typing suggestions and improve handwriting recognition for each of the languages you use.

When dictionary will be cleared. Typing suggestions and handwriting recognition using the system dictionary will continue to work.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Getting to know you for a inking & typing personalization for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Local user dictionary created by "Getting to know you"

Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization in Settings

*note Starting with Settings > Privacy > Speech and Settings > Privacy > Inking & typing personalization.

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Click/tap on Inking & typing personalization on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Getting to know you for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InputPersonalization

RestrictImplicitInkCollection DWORD
    RestrictImplicitTextCollection DWORD

0 = On
    1 = Off

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TrainedDataStore

HarvestContacts DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Personalization\Settings

AcceptedPrivacyPolicy DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Getting_to_know_you_for_inking_and_typing_personalization.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off "Getting to know you" for Inking & Typing Personalization
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Getting_to_know_you_for_inking_and_typing_personalization.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Pilkie, Dec 25, 2015
  2. Suman_B Win User

Individualised typing shortcuts

Hi JacobusR,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you trying to configure typing shortcut in any particular application?

This issue may occur due to turning off Inking & typing personalization.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Turn on Inking & typing personalization.

To turn on Inking & typing personalization and clear the local user dictionary.

1. Go to Start , then select Settings  >
      Privacy > Inking & typing personalization.
    2. Under Getting to know you, switch the setting to
      On

Suggest you to refer this article about Speech,
    inking, typing, and privacy.

Method 2: Turn on Text suggestions.

Right click on Start > Settings > Typing > Hardware Keyboard > Turn on Show text suggestions as I type.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows Ink Workspace - Reset/Clearing Contents Programmatically

Hi Robert,

Windows Ink Workspace is part of the system icons. Just like the Start button, the process of Windows Ink Workspace is not going to present in Task Manager. If do not want your users to use the Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you disable it. You
    can disable Windows Ink Workspace by following these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Locate Windows Ink Workspace, and then click the slider to turn it off.
    • You will now notice that the Windows Ink Workspace is gone from the Taskbar.

If you still want to have a function that will allow you to automatically reset or clear the contents of Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you post your suggested function using the Feedback Hub like what was mentioned by
    Erika Aro so that our Engineers can look into it and release your suggested feature on the next update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Argel Obm, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

Ink worksapce apps appear on non-touch screen

Hi Ian,

With regard to your query, since applications normally open on the primary screen, we suggest that you try switching both screens from primary to secondary. If the issue persist, try uninstalling and reinstalling the feature by following the steps below:

• Click on Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Taskbar.
    • Turn System Icons On or Off.
    • Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon and set it to
      Off
    • Reboot the PC.
    • Repeat steps 1 to 4.
    • Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon and set it to
      On
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  6. microsoft ink

Hi,

Windows Ink feature is not applicable to all laptop or devices. We suggest that you visit this

link
    to get the list of Windows Ink enabled devices.

Regards.

Anthony Gal, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Inking

2. Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?: Something I haven't been able to find a clear answer on is whether the personal dictionary, part of the Windows 10 Inking & Typing Personalization, is unique for each computer that an account is signed in to, or if it follows the corresponding account to each computer. If I...
  3. Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?: Something I haven't been able to find a clear answer on is whether the personal dictionary, part of the Windows 10 Inking & Typing Personalization, is unique for each computer that an account is signed in to, or if it follows the corresponding account to each computer. If I...
  4. Inking & Typing Personalization - Personal Dictionary Unique Per Computer, or Follows Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Turning off Windows Ink?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Windows Ink?: Hello, I have a laptop and when I'm playing games, sometimes it starts up Windows Ink or Pen or whatever it is. I don't know how I always start it up, or, and most importantly, how to turn it off... I've found how to disable it completely, but never found how to turn it off...
  6. Windows 10 - Inking & Typing personalization toggle UI to off cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Inking & Typing personalization toggle UI to off cmd: Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 Settings > Privacy > Inking & Typing personalization "Use your typing history and handwriting patterns to create a local user dictionary that makes better suggestions for you" How do I programmatically set it to Off, while impacting in the UI? I set...
  7. Inking,typing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inking,typing.: At full diagnostic settings does inking and typing data send screenshot to microsoft or 3rd party ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inkingtyping/36f4f597-ece1-423a-88bc-4e520e215528"
  8. In Inking & Typing Personalization how do I edit the personal dictionary?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Inking & Typing Personalization how do I edit the personal dictionary?: My Personal Dictionary has several misprints that I would like to delete. How do I edit the Personal Dictionary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-inking-typing-personalization-how-do-i-edit-the/9835957e-aca9-4feb-8257-96a040308c47
  9. Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a...
  10. Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17115, Windows 10 has gotten a new privacy screen settings layout. Users can turn on or off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 should i turn off inking & typing