Windows 10: Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 1, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

You can use page prediction in Microsoft Edge to improve reading, speed of browsing, and make your overall experience better. With page prediction, Microsoft Edge can predict where you will go next and load that page ahead of time, making navigation nearly instantaneous. The predictions are done using Microsoft's understanding of browsing patterns, user browsing habits, and common cues in Web pages, like next links and pagination. Bings extensive knowledge of the Web and data mining help make these predictions laser sharp.

When you turn on page prediction, your browsing data will be sent anonymously to Microsoft to help improve how page prediction works.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off page prediction in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Page Prediction using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge Settings
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Privacy & security on the left side, turn on (default) or off Use page prediction for what you want under Privacy on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Page Prediction using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below make changes to the DWORD value in the registry key below.

Code:
    FPEnabled DWORD

0 = off
    1 = on

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Microsoft_Edge_page_prediction.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Microsoft_Edge_page_prediction.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen Microsoft Edge to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 1, 2016

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Dr.Bob007 Win User
    predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Why would a User who has encountered the problem of 'Predictive Text' suddenly now missing from their Windows 10 mobile device "Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text”"?

This strikes me as illogical to resolving the identified problem. I might understand if you instructed the User to restart their device then turn it On to see if toggling the setting might re-enable this service. However, that not being stated suggests an
    oversight/error.

In my situation, my Lumia 950 XL no longer simply identifies 'correct' words as before. This became noticeable prior to the recent 9 step + 8 step series of Windows 10 Mobile updates.

I found this predictive text service quite helpful with respect to my 'large' fore-finger tip often unintentionally touching adjacent characters resulting in typing errors ranging from quite simple to utterly deranged 'words' which often are corrected by
    simply touching one of the array of suggested alternate options available.

Dr.Bob007, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I Understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow the steps below and check if predictive text can be turned back on.

• Navigate to Settings > Keyboard and
    • Select the desired language.
    • Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Joe Men Win User
    Turning on predictive text

Hello,
    Dr. Diarmuid

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. I understand that you wanted to turn on the predictive text function on your Lumia 950. I'm here to help.

Please follow the steps below.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Time & language.
    • Tap Keyboard.
    • Tap on the language that you wanted to change the setting.
    • Tap on the check box for Suggest text.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Mark this post helpful if this resolves your concern.

Joe Men, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Bree Win User
    Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

Let's try them again. The first would be to open Settings in Edge and see what 'Open Microsoft Edge with' is set for. Try changing it to 'Previous pages' then close Edge. Open it again and change it to 'New tab page'. Restart the PC and see if the problem returns. If it doesn't, you can then set it for your preferred setting (if that wasn't the new tab).

Do you have a Microsoft Account? If so, is Edge set to sync settings across accounts? It may be that Edge on another device you use is set to open previous pages. Either turn off sync or check that none of your other devices have Edge set to reopen previous pages.

Do you have another sign in for this PC? If not, make a new local account as a test. Does Edge have the same problem in another account?

If none of the above help, or if it is only the current account that has the problem, try resetting Edge for the current account, Step 2 in this tutorial. If all accounts are affected, try Step 3.

Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

You should export your Favourites before trying this.

Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge | Windows 10 Tutorials

Thema:

Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Page

2. Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.: Hi there I've noticed of late that when you have a new tab page in edge, it now puts your local weather in the top left. Is there any way to stop this ? I've really tried to like Edge, but I'm getting rather tired of Microsoft putting things there for 'my convenience' when...
  3. Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Extensions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...
  4. Turn On or Off Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off the Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  5. Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...
  6. Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...
  7. Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting with Touch Keyboard if you type in more than one Latin script languages. Simply continue typing in multiple languages and...
  8. Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Google Chrome for Windows How to Turn On or Off Google Chrome Page Prediction in Windows Google Chrome has the page prediction settings below turned on by default to improve the speed of browsing, and make your overall...
  9. Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Welcome Page in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Welcome Page in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Welcome Page in Windows 10 How To Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Welcome Page in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...