Windows 10: Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Please don't forget to send feedback to Microsoft on this bug to help make it more of a priority. *Smile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by pietro99, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Adalwar Win User

Hi,
    I am tired of typing a password every 3 minutes.
    The 3 options are not working, they have no effect, what ever I choice I am always asked for a password.
    In my the Power Plan there is missing that Option of the Password setting.
    The other 2 have no effect.
    Please, how do I change it, I am tired of typing my password every 3 minutes!

Adalwar, May 26, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Adalwar, *Smile

This doesn't sound like a require password on wakeup issue since it's that often, and you didn't mention it happening when the computer wakes from sleep. Instead, it sounds like a require password on resume from screensaver issue.

As a test, make sure you have the On resume, display logon screen box unchecked in your Screen Saver Settings at step 10 in the tutorial below.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, May 26, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

Hello Brink,
    Thank you for the answer.
    No, I do not have a Screen Saver , it is disabled.
    I am working at 2 Machines at the same time, and because preventing "LCD burning and Battery saving" I keep short times in the Power Plan.
    Anyway, the Settings that offered by the OS (Blue Hell) are NOT working as they should.
    I know I can totally disable the Password Log-On but I need to have it enabled otherwise I get no access to other Computer in the Network.
    At the end, because I have short setting times , I have always to enter the Password. I am full of it and really tired of that Little Cat Games.
    And it seems that the Time-Out settings in Power Plan are not working as they should.

Adalwar, May 26, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Are you sure that you are not referring to password protection for sharing since this is to access another computer on the network?

If so, then you can set to "Remember by credentials" to not have to enter them each time you try to access a shared file on the other computer.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, May 26, 2016
  6. Adalwar Win User
    Hi Brink,
    Thank you for Helping me.
    Well, what I am complaining about is the Password request after Waking up from the Sleep mode. In settings, I choice the option "Never" but it keep asking me the password.
    Also, I tried choice the "After 15 Minutes" option (at least something) but it has no effect.
    About the Network Sharing PW, so far I know, I have to maintain the User Account Password otherwise the other People on the Network can not acess the PC, there is coming the Credentials Window and without the PW , no access.

Adalwar, May 28, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing the "After 15 Minutes" option to see what that is.

Did you double check all options on the first page to see if it set to "Never" in all of them?

Brink, May 28, 2016
  8. Adalwar Win User

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 [​IMG]

In my Power Plan I do not have the PW options.

Adalwar, May 28, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 28, 2016
  10. Adalwar Win User
    I have had checked the option 3 since the beginning , it has been always disabled. I have checked it many times. Now I checked it again and it was enabled!
    There are happening strange things here, one day things are working, the next they are not working any longer, that in relation to the Software iÍ have developed. I am getting suspicious, seems someone is tracking and changing things remotly.
    Any way, option 3 is not working, the settings have aparently no effect.
    I went to the Registry and changed the Automaticaly Log On , but has also no effect, it keeps asking me the PW after a Wake Up.
    So, there is nothing to do, I will keep typing the PW until my fingers are bleeding because of the guys at MS.

Adalwar, May 29, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I must admit that I'm not sure why it keeps requiring a password if you have it set to never. *Confused

Brink, May 29, 2016
  12. Adalwar Win User
    Hi Brink,
    Thank you very much for trying to help me.
    I just found the Problem:
    I am running Windows all the time (I must for several reasons) with the "Intellectually Disabled Protection" turned off (EnableLUA=0). Turning it on (=1) then the settings are working. That is very funny.
    In my over 30 years computer experience I have never faced such a huge nosense that "Security" of Blocking everything. The Kids at Linux are very pround of it, but that is the reason why I don´t want to have Linux on my PC. All the time asking for PW , that is boring,irritating and for NOTHING, and every single file is locked und you have be an expert to unlock your own files.

Adalwar, May 29, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Odd. Thank you for posting back with your finding.

Brink, May 29, 2016
  14. russjudge Win User
    Is there a Registry setting for Option #1?

russjudge, Jun 2, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Russ, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

There is, but it's to specific to include in the tutorial since it's based on the current active power plan.

Brink, Jun 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Require

2. turn off sign off lockdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off sign off lockdown: i need to turn off sign off lockdown so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-sign-off-lockdown/70ef4a08-af2c-4675-bd73-d706fc2bb14b
  3. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251: I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I also see "To change this, go to Settings and search for Power & sleep. I have done that, but cannot find any option to change...
  4. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251: I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I also see "To change this, go to Settings and search for Power & sleep. I have done that, but cannot find any option to change...
  5. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to enable or disable Require Sign in on Wakeup in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Require Sign in on Wakeup in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable or disable Require sign in on Wakeup setting in Windows 11 or Windows 10 then you can do it with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. By default, Windows 11/10 doesn’t require you to log in or enter your password...
  7. How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely: I have turned off the require sign in in account options. I have turned off the password requirement setting with netplwiz. I turned off the lock screen in gpedit. Windows now does not ask for a login password when I start my computer. But, after about 20 minutes of...
  8. Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off: I am the administrator and the only user of my new Lenovo X1 laptop running Windows 10. I don't want to have to type a password or use the face recognition function every time that I lift the laptop's lid. But I'm being forced by Windows to sign in every time because it will...
  9. Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options in Windows 10 In Windows 10, the Require Sign-in setting by default now. To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to...
  10. Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Require PIN for Pairing when Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows...