Windows 10: Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by rdwray, Jan 15, 2018.

1. rdwray Win User

Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 includes a retail demo experience mode meant for retail use. It allows PCs on display at retail stores to go into a demonstration environment so customers can see and try the features of Windows 10.

If you purchased a demo PC, you may find that it is still be in retail demo mode with a Darrin DeYoung account, and would want to turn off the retail demo experience mode.

For developers: Create a retail demo experience app - UWP app developer | Microsoft Docs

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the retail demo experience mode on a Windows 10 PC.

You must be signed in as an administrator to turn on or off the retail demo experience mode.

Note If you are joined to a domain, you will not be able to switch to retail demo mode until you leave the domain.

You must be connected to the Internet to switch to retail demo mode.

Warning Turning on the retail demo experience mode will erase everything on the PC and restore the PC to factory settings (clean install).

If you just want to test or play with this, then you should do so on a virtual machine or on a PC that you don't mind losing everything on.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10
    • Option Two: To Turn Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10

EXAMPLE: Windows 10 Retail Demo Experience Mode

EXAMPLE: Windows 10 Retail Demo Experience Mode Attract Loop

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on the word Windows 5 times at the top on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Change. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Advanced configuration button. (see screenshot below)

Note If you like, you can enter this info (optional) to help Microsoft get you (retailer) the latest content to show off this Windows device.

5. Select the shutdown times you want to use for this device, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Select to either turn on or off to permanently remove admin access automatically, and click/tap on Finish. (see screenshots below)

7. Windows 10 will now restart the computer to turn on the retail demo experience mode.

8. The retail demo experience mode will be setup to automatically sign in to a default account named Darrin DeYoung. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on the word Windows 5 times at the top on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Advanced configuration button. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Remove. (see screenshot below)

5. Windows 10 will now restart the computer to turn off the retail demo experience mode.

6. When finished, Windows 10 will be sitting at the step 15 here (click on link) for how to finish setting up Windows 10. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

rdwray, Jan 15, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 15, 2018
  3. How to Delete RetailDemo Offline Content?

What is it?..it is what it says...
    Windows 10 includes a Retail Demo experience mode. This feature basically is useful for and meant for retail store staff who want to demo Windows 10 to customers.

NOTE: This post is only meant for information purposes,
    and we
    do not advice you to turn on or try this retail demo mode as it will delete all your user settings
    and personal content.

Ive emphasised the note above..

rogerblank, Jan 15, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 15, 2018
  5. rdwray Win User
    rdwray, Jan 16, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Luckily, only an administrator is able to turn on retail demo mode, but yeah, you really don't want to unless you don't mind having everything wiped. *Shock

Brink, Jan 16, 2018
  7. rdwray Win User
    Talking about a bad hair day *Sad - thanks Brink...

rdwray, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Retail

2. Retail Demo User Account UAP - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retail Demo User Account UAP - Windows 11: I just purchased a Windows 11 demo laptop from Costco now cannot bypass the retail version to remove Daren Deyoung as administrator. What is the default UAP password. I have tried both tsr10 and trs80 and neither work. How can I log in as an administrator and change the user...
  3. Retail Demo User Account UAP - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail Demo User Account UAP - Windows 11: I just purchased a Windows 11 demo laptop from Costco now cannot bypass the retail version to remove Daren Deyoung as administrator. What is the default UAP password. I have tried both tsr10 and trs80 and neither work. How can I log in as an administrator and change the user...
  4. Retail Demo Experience from Windows 10 ISO File Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Retail Demo Experience from Windows 10 ISO File Not Working: I'm trying to launch RDX from a Windows 10 ISO downloaded from here but, after switching to demo mode, I don't see any demo content. Not sure if this is an issue with the ISO file?Like I said, I switched Windows to demo mode by following the typical steps:Update &...
  5. How to unistall microsoft retail demo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to unistall microsoft retail demo: Hi - I just bought a new laptop. Upon setting it up I accidentally accepted that the retail demo run in my computer for 21 days. Now I'd like to remove it from the computer. I've tried through Settings / Apps & Features / Microsoft Retail Demo, but the Uninstall button is...
  6. Microsoft Retail Demo Provisioning

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Retail Demo Provisioning: For a few months now I have been setting up retail demos on display laptops for my company using our RAC, with the appropriate SKU and store ID. Up until a couple of months ago, it was loading the demo experience with our RDX without any problems. Now however, every laptop...
  7. Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off the Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, a new "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to...
  8. Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, a new Game Mode feature has been added that can optimize your Windows 10 PC for an improvement in game performance and best possible...
  9. Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 Starting with diagnostic data" has been added. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off tailored...
  10. Windows 10 has a secret retail demo mode with a new app and video loop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 has a secret retail demo mode with a new app and video loop: [img] If you are running the Insider Preview of Windows 10, there is a hidden mode in the OS that you have likely not explored. Microsoft has included a 'retail demo' experience that will be used to show off the OS in the retail environment. Before you go down the path...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off demo mode on windows 10

2. how to get a computer out of demo mode

3. turn off demo experience windows

4. retaildemo offline content,
  5. RetailDemo Retail Demo Service registry key