Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by evildog1, Apr 23, 2017.

1. evildog1 Win User

Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Top sites in Microsoft Edge are your most visited (frequent) sites.

The New tab page in Microsoft Edge displays Top sites by default.

Starting with Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, you can now see your top sites in the Microsoft Edge Jump List on the taskbar and Start menu.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing sites you frequently visit in Top sites in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

*note This will not affect the default Top sites or any sites you manually add to Top sites.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Microsoft Edge Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Show sites I frequently visit in Top sites" turned on and off

Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Microsoft Edge Settings
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on General on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Show sites that I frequently visit in "Top sites" for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

Code:
    (Defaul) DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_show_frequent_Top_Sites_in_Microsoft_Edge_jump_list.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_show_frequent_Top_Sites_in_Microsoft_Edge_jump_list.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

evildog1, Apr 23, 2017

2. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 27, 2019
  3. TerrylR1 Win User
    Top Sites disappeared from Microsoft Edge

Top Sites disappeared from Microsoft Edge. I went to settings and "Show sites I frequently visit" is turned on.

TerrylR1, Oct 27, 2019
  4. DougMarvy Win User

Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Thanks for the time, Parth. You explain how to show the most visited sites. This I know. I've asked how to sort them, , and you do not address my question.

DougMarvy, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Explorer Frequents and Edge Top Sites

If your "frequent site" is in your History and you have AutoComplete in the Address bar enabled you may be able to find a match that way. If it is not in your History it is likely that it involves a redirect. Then you could try using the final destination
    explicitly. There would be a better chance of that going into your History and then consequently of showing up in the "Frequent sites" list.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Explorer Frequents and Edge Top Sites

Why does the Frequent sites for Internet Explorer and the Top Sites slots for Microsoft Edge have to revolve around an algorithm that thinks it knows your browsing tastes better than you instead of just being manually customizable by the user? It takes
    forever to get just one of the sites I want to see put on there, and even then the addresses for pop up ads have a higher rate of appearing. Not only that, but if you accidentally remove one of the sites you DO want, it's almost impossible to get it back on.
    This seems like an unnecessary over-complication of what should be a simple streamlining of the concept of a Favorites list.

Charon_I_B, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Show Frequent Top Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. Edges' Top Sites won't stick!

in Browsers and Email
    Edges' Top Sites won't stick!: Monday morning (5/15/2017), after MS updated prior to shutdown, my computer would not boot up come morning. I could only access boot options via F12 (long story) did a restore via back-up stored on an external Hdd. After got back up & running, the Top Sites icons in Edge...
  3. Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit, and the "Top Sites" on the Startup page seems to have disappeared. I don't remember installing any software or drivers lately. Any suggestions as to how to get the "Top Sites" back will be appreciated. Thank you again. 41750
  4. Edge: how to add a top site

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: how to add a top site: I have been looking how to add a site to "Top sites"in Edge. Also tried to find out in the past how to do it with IE. In my favourites, I store many websites. But the sites I use daily, I would like to add to top sites. I would not like to wait until Edge decides when to...
  5. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...
  6. Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...
  7. Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...
  8. Turn On or Off Open Sites in Apps for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Open Sites in Apps for Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Open Sites in Apps for Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Open Sites in Apps for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...
  9. Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Web Notifications for Sites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on or off show frequent top sites in microsoft edge