Windows 10: turning on (I think it is called) aeropeek

Discus and support turning on (I think it is called) aeropeek in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm still on this win10 learning curve. Before I updated to 10 last week, when in, for example, Excel and I had 2 or more spreadsheets running, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mg8t7gn, Jan 2, 2020.

1. mg8t7gn Win User

turning on (I think it is called) aeropeek

I'm still on this win10 learning curve. Before I updated to 10 last week, when in, for example, Excel and I had 2 or more spreadsheets running, when I hovered over the Excel icon in the taskbar, it would show a small image of the running spreadsheets. My computer no longer does this. It only shows the last one I was using. Is there some setting I to change this? Thanks.
    Mark

:)

mg8t7gn, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Hello Mark, *Smile

These would be called taskbar thumbnail previews. You might check the tutorial below to make sure your delay time didn't get set too high somehow. If you don't have the registry keys, then it's not set high and still at default.

Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

In addition, you can check to see if you are set to show a list instead of thumbnail previews.

Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User

You're most welcome. *Party

What turned out to be the cause?

Brink, Jan 2, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • turning on (I think it is called) aeropeek [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

1. turning on (I think it is called) aeropeek - Similar Threads - turning called aeropeek

2. I can't turn on the setting called random hardware addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn on the setting called random hardware addresses: Since I can't do this how would I change my MAC addresses all the time or what setting can I turn on that is just as good? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-the-setting-called-random-hardware/045b69a7-762d-40e8-a707-c74b0614c420
  3. Audio Turning Off when in a call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Turning Off when in a call: My audio turns off everytime I go into a call. To be clear, I can hear the people I'm talking to but I cannot play anything when the call is happening. I tried this everywhere, I tried calling in facebook, discord, even in games. All my audio goes out instantly. I tried...
  4. Audio Turning Off when in a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Turning Off when in a call: My audio turns off everytime I go into a call. To be clear, I can hear the people I'm talking to but I cannot play anything when the call is happening. I tried this everywhere, I tried calling in facebook, discord, even in games. All my audio goes out instantly. I tried...
  5. Some virus I think called "PUA:Win32/Vigua.A". Any help?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some virus I think called "PUA:Win32/Vigua.A". Any help?: So, Windows Security has been notifying me that I have a potential virus called "PUA:Win32/Vigua.A", but I can't seem to get rid of it. And I keep getting spammed notifications saying "Potentially unwanted app found", and it tells me to "review my options" in Windows...
  6. I think my Hard Drive port broke, or whatever its called

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I think my Hard Drive port broke, or whatever its called: I ran my laptop through a system test, or whatnot. and it told me my Hard Drive wasn't connected, at the time my pc refused to boot. So I assume that was the issue, I opened the slot, got rid of the dust. But it didn't work. I bought another Hard Drive thinking that was the...
  7. I think text to speech is randomly turning on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think text to speech is randomly turning on?: Every couple of hours the text to speech will say something, but I haven't been able to understand what it is saying yet because it is happening while I play a video on youtube. I make sure do rewind the video to see if it is coming from the video. I have all other tabs...
  8. 'Incoming call' noise when I turn the Bluetooth off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Incoming call' noise when I turn the Bluetooth off: Every time I turn the Bluetooth off via settings, it makes this 'incoming call' noise. I can't figure out why or how to switch off. Does anyone know how to turn it off? Thank you in advance....
  9. i think the search application is called Cortana and Search.

in Cortana
    i think the search application is called Cortana and Search.: I cannot use my search application to find word documents . i think the search application is called Cortana and Search . can you find out what the problem is?...
  10. i think i had a scam call from microsoft 425-426-0598

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i think i had a scam call from microsoft 425-426-0598: do I have to do anything to my computer now to make sure they do not get any of my info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-had-a-scam-call-from-microsoft-425-426/5190419c-8ce5-44d5-9758-d05c76ad349d