Windows 10: Two Accounts: How do I essentially switch to a new one?

Discus and support Two Accounts: How do I essentially switch to a new one? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I've had my PC for about 5 years now. I just upgraded to Windows 10, and thought I should take advantage of Windows 10 with my purchases from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KittyWitty16, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Two Accounts: How do I essentially switch to a new one?

So I've had my PC for about 5 years now. I just upgraded to Windows 10, and thought I should take advantage of Windows 10 with my purchases from my XBOX on my new account. I had my old microsoft account as the primary one, and now I have the new one which I want to use. My problem is that my files aren't all on the new account. How do I make it so they share the same files or something? I primarily do gaming and even though my games are installed, it seems that on steam they have new saves for this user.

:)

KittyWitty16, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 27, 2019
  4. angus Win User

Two Accounts: How do I essentially switch to a new one?

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Two Accounts: How do I essentially switch to a new one?

1. Two Accounts: How do I essentially switch to a new one? - Similar Threads - Accounts essentially switch

2. How do I switch from an old administrator email to a new one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch from an old administrator email to a new one?: I have had my laptop for several years. It is running on Windows 11. When I got it, I set it up on my work email and that business has since shut down. I no longer have access to that email. How do I go in and switch the administrator email for my laptop to my current 365...
  3. How do I switch from an old administrator email to a new one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch from an old administrator email to a new one?: I have had my laptop for several years. It is running on Windows 11. When I got it, I set it up on my work email and that business has since shut down. I no longer have access to that email. How do I go in and switch the administrator email for my laptop to my current 365...
  4. how do i switch primary account

how do i switch primary account: windows 11 how do i switch primary account email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-primary-account/80458a02-c34e-4cea-958e-de494e6f0fc9
  5. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?: I have two sign-in options, but I want to get rid of one of them to only have one option. Please be aware that under "netplwiz" there is only ONE account listed, and that is "Option 1". All options are administrators me. I am the only one that uses my PC.Option 1: Can use a...
  6. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?: I have two sign-in options, but I want to get rid of one of them to only have one option. Please be aware that under "netplwiz" there is only ONE account listed, and that is "Option 1". All options are administrators me. I am the only one that uses my PC.Option 1: Can use a...
  7. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

8. How do i switch a temporary account to a permanent one?

How do i switch a temporary account to a permanent one?: I cant access any microsoft apps. The xbox app doesnt open, mail doesnt open, the microsoft store doesnt open, nothing. I checked the troubleshooter and it only tells me i’m a temporary user....
  9. There are two "sign-in" accounts so how do I delet one on them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    There are two "sign-in" accounts so how do I delet one on them?: There are two "sign-in" accounts shown with my exact same name, one with my photo and one with the microsoft "man". Microsoft tries to sign me in with the microsoft man, and tells me my password is "incorrect". How do I delete that account? The exact same name with my...
  10. How to migrate two accounts into one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to migrate two accounts into one: I have two Outlook.com accounts, they differ before the @ sign. The first one is an old one, created a long time ago when still reading hotmail. Now it is also reading outlook.com As it serves no purpose to keep 2 accounts and may possibly lead to confusion I am...