Windows 10: Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account

Discus and support Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I purchased a new desktop pc with Windows 10. Signed in with my Microsoft account. No problem. Now I got a new laptop and when I went to sign in and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ArleneL, Sep 22, 2019.

1. ArleneL Win User

Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account

I purchased a new desktop pc with Windows 10. Signed in with my Microsoft account. No problem. Now I got a new laptop and when I went to sign in and register it, it wouldn't take my current Microsoft log-in info (email address, user id). It asked me to select a new email address because the one I typed in WAS IN USE. OF COURSE IT WAS, IT'S ON MY DESKTOP COMPUTER. So now I have two computers each with a different Microsoft log-in.

How do I get my laptop and desktop to be on one log-in address?

:)

ArleneL, Sep 22, 2019

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. silkstone Win User

Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Microsoft accounts pcs

2. Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.: Hi, Very simple question I have a PC which is a 3 year old PC as a “hand me down” scenario. The old account from the previous user who is a family member is still on the computer and did not remove it before giving it to me. I don’t use this one as I use my own. When using...
  3. Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.: Hi, Very simple question I have a PC which is a 3 year old PC as a “hand me down” scenario. The old account from the previous user who is a family member is still on the computer and did not remove it before giving it to me. I don’t use this one as I use my own. When using...
  4. One Microsoft account, two PCs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Microsoft account, two PCs?: Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)? Ein...
  5. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?: Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it...
  6. Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email: I appear to have two Microsoft Accounts linked to the same email address. One is the account I set up myself using my work email address. The other appears to be an account that my IT Department has set up using my email address. Is there a way to combine these or any...
  7. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.: Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM. I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make...
  8. Syncing two PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing two PCs: So I own a windows 10 desktop and i use it to do most of my school work. Next year my school will be supplying a laptop that i can take home and i would like to know the best way i can move documents from one to another. Is there a program or network sharing setting i can use...
  9. Activating two PCs using one account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating two PCs using one account: Hello everyone. I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G notebook running windows 10. I upgraded it about two years ago from windows 8.1. I also have an old ASUS P5B SE running windows 7. I read somewhere that windows 10 works better than windows 7 on old PCs; So I want to install...
  10. Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs: If I have an administrator account on two PCs on my local network, both with the same names and passwords, shouldn't they be able to have the same access on each other's PCs? For example, if I have a shared folder \\PC1\Folder and the local account Bob with the password...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft one account two pcs