Windows 10: Unable to create a MS account on Win10

Discus and support Unable to create a MS account on Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone can help, all my email addresses are on O365 which is preventing me from creating a MS account. I'm not actually sure why I need one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Neil-J Currie, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Unable to create a MS account on Win10

I'm hoping someone can help, all my email addresses are on O365 which is preventing me from creating a MS account. I'm not actually sure why I need one but windows keeps asking (FYI I mostly use LINUX but maintain a Windows install to help me support my Mother and Sister who wont move over). Even more ironically, I can't even speak to MS support as they need a MS account, which I can't create as my email addresses are on O365 and I don't want or need an additional email address just for one purpose only. Grrr.

Thanks

:)

Neil-J Currie, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Unable to create a MS account on Win10 [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

3. Creating a local account in Win10 pro

How do I create a local account in Win10 Pro? I've created local accounts on my laptop with Win10 Home by
    • Select ' Accounts'> 'Family & other users'.
    • 'Add someone else to this PC'

and then going through the account creation process, however my Win10 Pro doesn't have the option for Accounts'> 'Family & other users'. and I can't find a way of creating the account.

Oneeasygeezer, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Unable to create a MS account on Win10

Unable to create a new user on my laptop (both MS account and local)

Hi Aquila,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

The issue you are facing could be due to the Windows might not able to read your user profile correctly, such as if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resoling the issue.

Step 1.

I recommend you to create new user account using command and check if it helps.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Click on Add button and create a new user account.
    You can also visit the below link suggestion provided by Sujata Moktan for more information.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! Win10 Failed Logon

If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

Let’s try performing system restore and check if it helps.
    Follow the below steps.

• Go to Windows log-in screen and press and hold Shift key.

• Click on the power option and restart the computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >
      Advanced options
      > System Restore.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Unable to create a MS account on Win10

1. Unable to create a MS account on Win10 - Similar Threads - Unable create account

2. Win10: Unable to launch MS Paint, receiving "Unable to create document." message after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10: Unable to launch MS Paint, receiving "Unable to create document." message after...: Hi everyone.Yesterday I made a regular windows update and shutdown of my Win10 system and today after booting and trying to launch MS Paint I get the message "Unable to create new document."Those are my Windows specifications:Edition Windows 10 Pro for WorkstationsVersion...
  3. Win10: Unable to launch MS Paint, receiving "Unable to create document." message after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10: Unable to launch MS Paint, receiving "Unable to create document." message after...: Hi everyone.Yesterday I made a regular windows update and shutdown of my Win10 system and today after booting and trying to launch MS Paint I get the message "Unable to create new document."Those are my Windows specifications:Edition Windows 10 Pro for WorkstationsVersion...
  4. Win10: Unable to launch MS Paint, receiving "Unable to create document." message after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New laptop win 11 unable to create MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop win 11 unable to create MS account: New lenovo laptop with win 11. After selecting keyboard and wifi options, selected option for new MS email address then successfully completed the new 'not a robot' secuity pictures test. No options to progress futher. No 'next' button on screen ?Try the same setup with...
  6. New laptop win 11 unable to create MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop win 11 unable to create MS account: New lenovo laptop with win 11. After selecting keyboard and wifi options, selected option for new MS email address then successfully completed the new 'not a robot' secuity pictures test. No options to progress futher. No 'next' button on screen ?Try the same setup with...
  7. Unable to create account in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account in settings: Trying to add new user using the steps provided however I am not able to see it on settings. I am the admin of this PC and I want to create new profile but I cant do it. What is blocking me to create a new user?...
  8. Account Unable to be created

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Unable to be created: Ok so im trying to make a backup account but i dont have the family thing and if i do windows r: netplwiz it wont show yes so i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unable-to-be-created/c4c7d09c-660f-4ffe-8a6a-d87cb8657cf1
  9. Unable to creat user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to creat user account: As the Administrator I try to create a new account and I get an error as follows: Local users and groups This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel. I did get here...
  10. Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account: I have Win 10 and it is activated with a Digital Licence. However everytime I try to link it to my MS Account it states that "Something Went Wrong" and does not give me the oppotunity to link. This may also be linked to the inability to run Edge and MS Store. I tried to...