Windows 10: Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update

Discus and support Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG] Help! Following the latest Window update I am no longer able to use my computer because it wants me to log into a microsoft account. I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NaomiS1, May 26, 2020.

1. NaomiS1 Win User

Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update

Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update [​IMG]

Help! Following the latest Window update I am no longer able to use my computer because it wants me to log into a microsoft account. I tried bypassing this with windows Key- Settings and creating a local account without setting up a microsoft account but it wont let me get beyond the screen posted.

i dont really want microsoft tracking my children on an account they are using for school and dont want to create a “ fake” account either. Any way to bypass this screen so my computer will work again?

:)

NaomiS1, May 26, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 26, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update

Problem When Right Clicking on Empty Area and Can't Change to Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are unable to use right click and change the Microsoft account to local account. I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to change the Microsoft account to local account.

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key" or Start icon.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update

1. Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update - Similar Threads - Unable create Local

2. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  3. Windows 10 laptop unable to create local account guest user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 laptop unable to create local account guest user: Hi all, Based in UK and now use an Active Directory 'work' account to log in. Since doing this, am unable to use any local accounts. The only option showing is the AD account & "Other User". When I select "Other User" the box asks me for an email address - not user name...
  4. Unable to create new local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create new local user account: I'm on my Windows 10 Home PC logged in as Administrator local user and trying to create a new standard local user. I go to settings -> accounts -> other users I select "Add someone else to this PC" and it comes up with a new window headed "Local Users and Groups" telling me...
  5. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  6. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  7. Created local account, but unable to login.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created local account, but unable to login.: I am trying to create a local account on my Win10 Pro machine. I have gone through the various steps and have an account created, but I have no option to login to that account. I can see the user in Local Users and Groups (not disabled), but the name does NOT appear on the...
  8. Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update: After the latest big Windows 10 update today, I see two user accounts have been created, namely "Default" and "Default.migrated" Neither existed beforehand. They both contain quite a few folders and subfolders which at the bottom level are all empty. Can I safely delete these...
  9. Creating a Local Account in Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a Local Account in Windows 10?: Hi guys, When setting up Windows 10 to create a Local Account, do I need to have my Last Name there or can I have only my First name? I am only setting up a Local Account and NOT a Microsoft account. So can I enter my First name only when I create my local account...
  10. BSOD Following Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Following Latest Windows Update: I'm in a bit of a pickle in that the latest Update killed my rig. I get a stop report BSOD and Windows won't even boot. Back in the day, I would have just grabbed the Windows 7 DVD, re-installed and off I go. But I don't have a Windows 10 DVD and the licence key I have is...