Windows 10: Unable to delete microsoft account under Email & Accounts in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to delete microsoft account under Email & Accounts in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have two Microsoft accounts listed under Email & Accounts. There is NO option to delete the "Primary" account. I only want the second account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by _Davey_, Feb 2, 2020.

1. _Davey_ Win User

Unable to delete microsoft account under Email & Accounts in Windows 10

Hello, I have two Microsoft accounts listed under Email & Accounts. There is NO option to delete the "Primary" account. I only want the second account on the computer. I already tried removing the laptop from the webpage interface, but the account is still there. Why is there no Delete feature for this account like there is for the other account?

:)

_Davey_, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Unable to delete microsoft account under Email & Accounts in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Feb 2, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to delete microsoft account under Email & Accounts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable delete microsoft

2. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  3. Unable to Delete Email Account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Delete Email Account from Windows 10: Hello, I no longer have access to the following email ending in .onmicrosoft.com and wish to delete it from my Windows 10 computer. However, when I click on the "manage" button, it takes me to a login page for my personal email address and I am unable to log in using my...
  4. Unable to delete or add any email account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete or add any email account in Windows 10: i can't delete or add any email account in Mail app or in Settings. in mail app ,i opened "Manage Account" and click my mail account or click add account but nothinghappened. in settings too,i click add account but stillnothing happened. i tried to clear all data of the...
  5. close microsoft account as email is deleted

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    close microsoft account as email is deleted: Having real problems closing an old Microsoft account. The email address that it it on has been closed by the email provider and I cannot get into it. When I try to close the account it insists that I must input the password for this account and I cannot do that as I don't...
  6. Removal of an account under email & accounts in Windows 10

Removal of an account under email & accounts in Windows 10: I have a personal PC which I downloaded Teams to to demo to a client a specific piece of software. I logged into my work account on teams to share the content and then deleted teams, however I still have my work account being shown as an account under email & accounts....
  7. Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts: Under Settings > Email & Accounts there is a section called Accounts used by other apps. There are two email addresses under there. One is my person address which is ok. The other is my work email address which I would like to remove. I click the work email address. Then...
  8. Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts: Under Settings > Email & Accounts there is a section called Accounts used by other apps. There are two email addresses under there. One is my person address which is ok. The other is my work email address which I would like to remove. I click the work email address. Then...
  9. Unable to delete microsoft account

Unable to delete microsoft account: Hi, I have an old Office 365 school account which I had initially added to my laptop. This account has been now closed, however I am unable to delete it from my profile. Each time I startup my machine I get a message "Work or school account issue". However, I don't seem to...
  10. Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete

in Browsers and Email
    Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete: Hello All I am totally new to this forum and to Windows 10. The set up of Windows 10 was fairly intuitive for me. I have some training and a lot of experience with previous versions. Here is the problem I have encountered. Using the MAIL app I set up a couple email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to remove email account in windows 10

2. cant remove account from windows 10 mail app

3. remove account from email & accounts windows 10