Windows 10: Unable to log into my Windows 10 local account

Discus and support Unable to log into my Windows 10 local account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I activated my Windows 10 using my email account not Microsoft and created the first user using this email. This email is tied to the Office 365... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Igor Grubisic, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Unable to log into my Windows 10 local account

Hi,

I activated my Windows 10 using my email account not Microsoft and created the first user using this email. This email is tied to the Office 365 account.

Then I wanted to create a local admin user, but for some reason whenever I try to login with this other user I do not see it.

net user command shows that the local administrator user exists, but when I open c:\Users\ I only see user created with the email.

I do not see the local user.

How can I log to Windows 10 using my local user?

Thank you,

Igor

:)

Igor Grubisic, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Unable to log into my Windows 10 local account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Unable to log into my Windows 10 local account :(

Zakin, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Unable to log into my Windows 10 local account

1. Unable to log into my Windows 10 local account - Similar Threads - Unable log local

2. Unable to log into my windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into my windows account: Everytime i start windows 11 i get a message windows is unable to login to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-log-into-my-windows-account/699580e6-96ba-454a-8259-f83730c84f90
  3. Unable to log into my windows account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into my windows account: Everytime i start windows 11 i get a message windows is unable to login to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-log-into-my-windows-account/699580e6-96ba-454a-8259-f83730c84f90
  4. Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.: A repair place replaced my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 11 Home to my desktop. They created my first initial and last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and cannot. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to...
  5. Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.

Can't log in to my Windows account. only local account log in.: A repair place replaced my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 11 Home to my desktop. They created my first initial and last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and cannot. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to...
  6. Local account not available on startup unable to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account not available on startup unable to log in: Hello,My computer had a new Microsoft account logged into it. Ever since then, our local admin account does not show up on the login page on startup. It is still on the computer though, however, because I can still see it when I go to "remove users". I have also made sure the...
  7. Local account not available on startup unable to log in

Local account not available on startup unable to log in: Hello,My computer had a new Microsoft account logged into it. Ever since then, our local admin account does not show up on the login page on startup. It is still on the computer though, however, because I can still see it when I go to "remove users". I have also made sure the...
  8. Local account log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  9. I cannot log into my local account for Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot log into my local account for Windows 10: I cannot log in to my local account for my new Windows 10 laptop. I accidentally set it up as the administrator and now I cannot even reset my computer as it requires the password to perform a system reset. Does anyone know how to perform a system restore without the...
  10. Unable to log in to my windows account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in to my windows account.: used f8 to troubleshoot. system restore unsuccessful. only option appears to be reset pc. do not want to lose programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-log-in-to-my-windows-account/42301a06-9cfe-465f-be84-053e23b25cb5