Windows 10: Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can

Discus and support Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Started to happen almost month ago, drives me crazy. Firefox can't connect to any facebook server website like facebook.com, instagram.com, oculus etc.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dezik, Nov 15, 2018.

1. dezik Win User

Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can

Started to happen almost month ago, drives me crazy. Firefox can't connect to any facebook server website like facebook.com, instagram.com, oculus etc. Activating vpn addon, like Browsec, allows me to connect to those websites. Internet Explorer open them fine. Other pc in local network can open those websites with Firefox.
    Latest x64 Firefox version.

Things i've tried:
    - Run firefox in safe mode without addons
    - Removing all addons
    - Checking if proxy settings disabled
    - Checking if privacy/block is disabled
    - Totally reinstalling firefox with deleting everything and cleaning registry
    - Checking if windows hosts file is empty
    - Disabling windows firewall
    - Disabling Avast shields
    - "Works" if i'm putting direct instagram ip to hosts file, but doesnt load images/videos

Using latest Windows 10 x64 pro.
    *cry

:)

dezik, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

New Tools to Manage Your Time on Facebook and Instagram

Source: New Tools to Manage Your Time on Facebook and Instagram | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Facebook, Messenger and Instagram apps coming to Windows 10

Source: Facebook, Messenger and Instagram apps coming to Windows 10 | Windows Experience Blog

Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Brink, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can

Unable to load the Facebook page completely on Chrome and Firefox browsers on Windows 10.

Hello Janne,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you have trouble accessing the Facebook webpage on Chrome and Firefox browser, and similar issue persists on desktop and laptop but not on iPad or phone. The issue persists even after clearing the cache, uninstalling
    and re-installing the Chrome browser.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persists on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser?
    • Does the issue persists only on Facebook webpage?

You may be facing the above issue due to the browser components conflicting with the internet connection or the internet connection received on the computer on connecting to the webpage

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on logging in into the Facebook social webpage using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser. Also check if similar issue persists on logging in into other social accounts using Chrome or Firefox
    browser.

Step 1: If the issue persists on other social networking webpages also, run the
    Internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is fixed.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check the status after the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persists only on using Facebook webpage, I suggest you to get in touch with the Facebook support forum group for further assistance as you have already contacted them before.

http://www.facebook.com/help/community/

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can

1. Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can - Similar Threads - Unable open Facebook

2. Microsoft Pay / Microsoft Sign on to Facebook / Instagram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Pay / Microsoft Sign on to Facebook / Instagram: Microsoft Pay / Microsoft Sign on to Facebook / Instagram It would be handy so that we can control access on one single source of truth.Microsoft....
  3. Microsoft Pay / Microsoft Sign on to Facebook / Instagram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Pay / Microsoft Sign on to Facebook / Instagram: Microsoft Pay / Microsoft Sign on to Facebook / Instagram It would be handy so that we can control access on one single source of truth.Microsoft....
  4. Facebook introduces Instagram Reels

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces Instagram Reels: [ATTACH] Today we’re announcing Instagram Reels: a new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram. Reels invites you to create fun videos to share with your friends or anyone on Instagram. Record and edit 15-second multi-clip videos with...
  5. instagram not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram not opening: instagram not opening ..................please tell me how to solve this problem ? whenever i try to open it get open for a second and after that it get closed instantly...
  6. Facebook, Instagram and Whatsup out ?

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook, Instagram and Whatsup out ?: Looks like there's major world wide problem with those services. 130846
  7. WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram are down across the world

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram are down across the world: As many of you noticed, WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, Instagram are down for quite a long period of time today. All Facebook-owned services are unreachable across the world and it’s been more than two hours since the issue was first reported. To make matters worse, even...
  8. Facebook, Instagram and Whatsup out ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook, Instagram and Whatsup out ?: Looks like there's major world wide problem with those services. 130846
  9. Firefox Vs IE

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Vs IE: Hi, I'm not very good with technology. I've always used IE as my browser, I prefer IE especially IE menu bar, File, edit, view, etc, etc, I'm comfortable with IE menu bar it makes it easier for me. Although I tried Chrome, I just can't get used to it I'm wondering what...
  10. Can`t open Facebook & Instagram In Chrome, Opera, Firefox. Edge & IE - OK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can`t open Facebook & Instagram In Chrome, Opera, Firefox. Edge & IE - OK: I faced this problem couple of days back did research online and still no fix, i can open all sites through chrome except of facebook, instragram and whatsapp web. I tried reset chrome settings and dns release and flushing but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated!...