Windows 10: Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset

Discus and support Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing this issue after hard reset my laptop. Never been happen before, but this is quite annoying. Refer to my screenshot. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Baxter Oswald, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset

Hi,

I am facing this issue after hard reset my laptop. Never been happen before, but this is quite annoying. Refer to my screenshot.

I tried to unpinned these apps and uninstall some of it. but it still appear. This is freshly reset. I remove it one by one (unpinned) and pinned some of other program, but once i restart my laptop, it back to this original look as in the image below.

Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset 3d7f8ad9-91a6-4834-af96-378d6d2b5f5b?upload=true.png

:)

Baxter Oswald, Oct 21, 2018

2. How to Unpin Mail from Windows 10 taskband

Hello Justin,

Since none of the steps that you've done did not successfully remove the mail icon on the taskbar of your computer, we recommend that you follow the steps below on how to unpin an application on your taskbar:

• Search the application in your Start menu.
    • Right-click or press and hold on the application that you want to remove from the taskbar.
    • Click on More.
    • Click on Unpin from taskbar to remove it.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 21, 2018
  3. xBruce88x Win User
    Contest! Win Hard Reset!

Bump

No one wants Hard Reset? I'm open to other suggestions for contest ideas.

maybe i got this in the wrong section... could a mod move it to the FS/FT/WTB/Giveaway section?

xBruce88x, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset

Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

The same jumplist shows wherever you right-click on Excel (or any other app that has a jumplist) be that on a tile in Start, pinned to the taskbar or in Start's 'all apps' list.

Right-click on any file name in the jumplist (like your ABC.xls) and you should see options to 'Pin to this list' and 'Remove from this list'. If the file is pinned to the list, you have to unpin it first before you can remove it from the list.

Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset [​IMG]

Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset [​IMG]

*Arrow Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

If that isn't working for you, then it sounds like you'll need to reset the recent items that jumplists show. This will reset ALL jumplists, not just the Excel one, so only reset it if nothing else works.

*Arrow Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Thema:

Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset

1. Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset - Similar Threads - Unable remove unpin

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  6. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  7. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
  8. Fix Startbar Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fix Startbar Icon: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how I can fix icon pictures on the Start bar? I tried deleting icon cache database (IconCache.db) in my appdata local folder but didn't work after resetting. Thanks....
  9. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  10. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unabled to unpin excel file form start menu

2. unpin from taskbar resets after reboot

3. unable to unpin from list

4. unable to remove from start