Windows 10: Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool

Discus and support Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I posted about this originally at TenForums, where I also posted screen captures of all my error messages. If asked, I could re-post it all here. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonaldHeinscher, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool

I posted about this originally at TenForums, where I also posted screen captures of all my error messages. If asked, I could re-post it all here.

I have an existing Storage Pool with 2 Storage Spaces - 1 simple and 1 mirrored - which I created several years ago using Windows 8.1 Storage Spaces feature. It has survived my upgrade to Win 10, and both existing Storage Spaces function fine.

When I create a new Storage Space, I get an error message "Can't Delete the Storage Space", with details "the Parameter is Incorrect 0x00000057"

The new Storage Space appears in the Storage Space UI (reached via Control Panel), but does not appear in File Explorer. It appears to be found by the Disk Management console (Control Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Computer Management-->Disk Management), and is listed as 'Online', but clicking through the 'Properties' shows the following events

Device STORAGE\Disk\{41546632-4b54-40e7-9961-15d5ccdb3843} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_&Prod_&Rev_PMAP\070165E12DFCF469&0

Class Guid: {4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path: Migration Rank: 0xF0008000FFFFF120Present: falseStatus: 0xC0000719

Any help as to how to get new Storage Spaces working on my PC?

:)

RonaldHeinscher, Jul 17, 2019

2. Storage Spaces - Unable to Remove Failed Drive / Repair Pool

Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool [​IMG]

still nothing.

samsonbiatch, Jul 17, 2019
  3. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

Dear all,

I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out.

I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still unable to create storage space.

Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool f8242173-2fc8-44f9-9db2-f2048944f85d?upload=true.jpg

Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool 983fb3f3-1157-475d-a6af-93225ec5eedc?upload=true.jpg

nightearth, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool

Add Storage Pool

Hi Missmadi98,

Here is a link to the instructions (with illustrations) that you are looking for:

To create a new storage pool:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/create-a-new-pool-and-storage-space-in-windows-10.9832/

To add to an existing pool:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...e-pool-for-storage-spaces-in-windows-10.9835/

Hope this helps, please let us know either way and Good Luck.

-Richard

Standard Disclaimer: Any non-Microsoft websites provided here appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for any ads on these sites that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on any site before you decide to download and install it.

RichardEiler, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool

1. Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool - Similar Threads - Unable Storage Space

2. How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Storage Spaces, if configured on your Windows 10 device, stores two copies of your […] This article How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2: I used to edit material on an external HDD which I would back up monthly. When that drive failed, I realised that I should have been backing up the edits between month's ends. Then I saw that Storage Spaces in Settings;Storage, promised to 'save files to 2 or more drives' and...
  4. Storage Spaces + Pool Capacity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces + Pool Capacity: I have 2 storage spaces set up. I am a bit confused when it comes to one of them as it is not utilizing the full pool capacity after adding a disk. Does anyone know the command line commands to expand it to utilize the full pool capacity? I have tried to Optimize to no...
  5. I cannot use any new Storage Spaces I create from my Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot use any new Storage Spaces I create from my Storage Pool: Several years ago I purchased 2 refurbished Hitachi drives, installed them in my PC and used Windows Storage Space feature to configure them as a Storage Pool with 1 Simple Space and 1 Mirrored Space like so: [img] This set-up remained the same, even though I removed the...
  6. I cannot use any new Storage Spaces I create from my Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot use any new Storage Spaces I create from my Storage Pool: Several years ago I purchased 2 refurbished Hitachi drives, installed them in my PC and used Windows Storage Space feature to configure them as a Storage Pool with 1 Simple Space and 1 Mirrored Space like so: [img] This set-up remained the same, even though I removed the...
  7. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...
  8. Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you created a storage pool in Windows 8.1 and either remove drives from pools...
  9. Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage space from a storage pool in...
  10. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. falsestatus: 0xc0000719

2. parameter incorrect 0x00000057 Storage Pool

3. storage spaces create pool parameter is incorrect

4. storag espace parameter is incorrect (0x00000057,
  5. storage spaces the parameter is incorret 0x00000057