Windows 10: Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

Discus and support Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ra1d, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Ra1d Win User

Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ?

Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space on the start menu "Properties" should appear, yet for me - nothing happens.

Windows 10 - Home.

:)

2. Teemosan Win User

Microsoft Edge icon has gone invisible in Taskbar in Windows 10 v 1709

I used a third party app.

I installed Classic Shell 4.3.1 then pinned Edge to classic start menu. Once it was pinned to classic start, then right clicking Edge in the start menu gave options to:

- unpin from start

- unpin from classic start menu

- unpin from taskbar

I chose all three Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ? :)

goodnight and goodbye Edge ... thanks for coming out to play but it's still a no go for this round ... better luck next time in version 17-whatever.

Teemosan, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How to remove "connect" app?

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What exactly do you mean by Remove connect app?

• Do you want to unpin app from start menu?
    If you’re referring to unpin the app from Start menu follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key.

• Right click on the app which you want to remove.

• Select Unpin from start.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Ra1d,

Pinned apps on Start would be the tiles on the right side of the Start menu instead.

The ones listed on the left side of Start (not in all apps) are just your most used apps. The tutorial below can help show you how to remove these.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Hope this helps, *Smile
    Shawn

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Ra1d Win User
    Thanks, but I'm actually trying to get rid of the tiles on the right side of the start menu, according to this video ( Windows 10 REMOVE LIVE TILES from start! - YouTube) it should be as simple as right clicking and choosing "Unpin from Start Menu", but for some reason when I do that, the app does not disappear, I think my windows 10 is screwed up somehow.

6. pyramid10 Win User
    I had just done removing the tiles. They stayed gone. I did do something quirky which I had not done with Win 8.1. I turned off Live tiles first before unpinning.

There was right-click context menu outside of the tiles in Start Menu for me.

pyramid10, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ? - Similar Threads - Unpinning apps Start

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unpin tiles from Start menu

Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  5. unpin start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unpin start menu: i tried to reinstall my browser (firefox) so i uninstalled it but i can't unpin the shortcut i have in my start menu what's the solution? https://i.postimg.cc/5jc0DFvM/2.png forgot to add that when i click on it, nothing happens submitted by /u/djindjer [link]...
  6. Can't unpin from start menu

Can't unpin from start menu: A few months ago, I could unpin from start, but now when I unpin something, it comes back every time I shut down my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpin-from-start-menu/84d8eb39-c74d-45d0-b093-e167399f8d17
  7. How to unpin Cortana from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unpin Cortana from Start Menu?: i've searched everywhere, and even uninstalled Cortana from Windows Features.. it's no longer running.. but i can't figure out how to unpin it from the Start Menu. Anyone know how to unpin Cortana? Thanks FYI: if anyone is interested in removing hidden Windows...
  8. Can't unpin app from Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpin app from Start: Hello, I can't unpin an app from the Start menu Here's a gif of what (doesn't) happen [img] 12581
  9. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  10. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unpin solitaire collection