Windows 10: Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Most used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Michael, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Michael Win User

Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

The Most used group on your Start menu All apps list will show up to 6 of your frequently opened apps to make it easier to open them from as needed.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, the most used apps list and the All apps list have been merged into a single view and elevated it to the top level of the UI to reduce clicking and scrolling.

This tutorial will show you how to remove apps from the Most used list, and how to completely turn on or off the Most used group on your Start menu in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Remove App from Most used List in Start Menu
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove Most used on Start Menu in Settings

EXAMPLE: "Most used" programs group on Start Menu

Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Remove App from Most used List in Start Menu

*note This option will let you remove an app from Most used list on your Start menu. Most used will then show another previous recently opened app in it's place.
    1. Open your Start menu.

2. Right click or press and hold on a listed program under Most used, and click/tap on Don't show in this list. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove Most used on Start Menu in Settings

*note This option will let you completely add or remove the Most used group on your Start menu.
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Start on the left side, and turn on (add - default) or off (remove) Show most used apps on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note If the Show most used apps setting is grayed out, then you will need to enable Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results.

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Michael, Jul 30, 2015
  2. DonAmerex Win User

Most used apps missing from start menu

Hi,

I just updated to Windows 10 1709. When I first updated to it, I still had the most used apps on the start menu. But now the list has disappeared. When I go to the start menu settings, the "Show most used apps" slider is greyed out. Why can't I turn it back
    on? Most used apps is a really convenient feature!

DonAmerex, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Most used apps missing from start menu

The frequently used apps menu is not available by default starting with Windows 10 1607 or later, but if you click the alphabet heading in the All Apps list, then click the clock, it will show you recently added apps.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Michael,

I'll look into how to clear the "Most used" list, and will post back if I find anything. *Smile

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Michael Win User
    Thanks, Brink!

Also wondering, is there some way to allow an item that's been flagged for exclusion to appear in the list again?

Michael, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you use it often enough, it should eventually reappear, but I can't verify that yet.

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  7. leakydog Win User
    It doesn't reappear :-( I am still looking for some solution. I hid some apps right after fresh instalation and now I realised I can't reset it. I hope I will do not have to make new account because of it.

leakydog, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you like, you could also "Pin to Start" or "Pin to taskbar" the app for now if you use it that often.

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  9. leakydog Win User
    Yeah, it's no problem Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 :) I just want to use start menu as it was from fresh install. I like original idea and I messed up.

leakydog, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'll keep an eye out for a way though.

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  11. leakydog Win User
    Alright, thank you ;-). Appreciate your fast responds.

leakydog, Aug 1, 2015
  12. Any way to change the number of "Most Used" apps? I've been looking around for quite some time, and can't seem to find anything... There also doesn't appear to be an way to do it via registry either (there are no keys to change it that I can find).

ElectroPulse, Aug 2, 2015
  13. Michael Win User

Michael, Aug 2, 2015
  14. I did that shortly after installing Windows 10, but it leaves an empty space in the middle of the start menu, with only 6 items in the "Most Used" list. Any way to increase this number? (it appears that all of the screenshots I've seen of a larger number than 6 are on older builds).

ElectroPulse, Aug 2, 2015
  15. Viscro Win User
    I have the same problem and it's really bugging me. There has to be away to reset the Start Menu or at least the Most Used list. If anyone has a solution I'd be really thankful!

Viscro, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Most Used Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Used

2. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu: Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is...
  3. Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing

Windows 10 - Start Menu - Most used Apps listing: I have enabled the ALL my Settings > Personalisation > Start options. My Settings > Privacy >General options are also ALL enabled. I do not have most used listing or recently added listing displayed. Please help me fix this problem...
  4. Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10

Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10: Hi, I have finally found a simple way to reset Start menu Most Used Apps in Windows 10. To reset it please follow these steps: Open Start menu > Launch Settings app >Privacy >General >Disable (Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results)>...
  5. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?: If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear. 14935
  6. Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Most used group on your Start menu All apps list will show up to 6 of your frequently opened apps to make it easier to open them...
  7. Add/remove programs from Most Used List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add/remove programs from Most Used List: ​Hi to the list. First apologize if i am posting in the wrong section. I have passe from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I rember that on the windows 7 i could drag and drop in the start menu all the programs i use mostly and in the mean time i could sorted the alphabetically....
  8. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/: Hello all, Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall. However, the tile (albeit a blank one) is stuck in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. No matter how many times I right-click on it and...
  9. Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps...
  10. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 10 Start menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10...